• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report @ the Pitt Panthers - Noon Saturday - RSN

Up to 66 in RPI and 90 in net. Both ahead of UNC, ha ha.

Way better had Dosunmu come to WF.

Same applies to Cole Anthony, Anthony Harris and...

BChill is still the best point guard on the Wake team. Yesterday he fed the hot hand and ket Massoud eat. Maybe, after 3.5 years, he got the message he has other shooters on the team and doesn't need to take so many shots. We will see.

ENdUYG7WwAclnUU

Ok, I await being proven wrong. Seriously. I would love to be fantastically misguided about Danny Manning. I don’t think I am.

What would represent a successful season for you? Slightly better than mediocre seems to be our ceiling. Do you think that’s acceptable for year 5 or 6 or whatever we’re in now?

Ok, I await being proven wrong. Seriously. I would love to be fantastically misguided about Danny Manning. I don’t think I am.

What would represent a successful season for you? Slightly better than mediocre seems to be our ceiling. Do you think that’s acceptable for year 5 or 6 or whatever we’re in now?

NCAA tournament appearance and winning at least a game or two in ACC tournament (unless we get a bye... not gonna happen). That’s a successful season in my book with the current state of the program. Then next year, he’ll have to do it all over again. Continual improvement is what I expect.

If there’s no NCAA tournament appearance, or winning the NIT, then he should be fired. If he does either of things mentioned, he should probably be retained, but with more improvement in 20-21.

Seems like 17 wins is the absolute minimum for us to have any chance at the NIT. We're 8-5 now. Any chance we squeak out 9 more wins in our last 17 games to end up at 18-12? I'm just not seeing even 6 more wins on the schedule. Blowing it vs UNC Charlotte and away vs BC hurt.

I used to think posters who said they forgot we even had a game were guilty of hyperbole.

And then I completely missed this game yesterday until later in the evening... Even after posting on this thread earlier in the week.

I can’t remember that ever happening since I’ve been a fan.

Watched the game last night. Glad we won, as always. Pitt looked awful. They only have a couple of decent players and they are wildly inconsistent. The ACC is pretty rough this season... We might win 6+ conference games. Hope that’s still enough to get rid of Manning.

Watched the game last night. Glad we won, as always.

We might win 6+ conference games. Hope that’s still enough to get rid of Manning.

Serious question, how do those two reconcile?

I’m sure all of us want to lose just enough to get him fired, and no more than that, but none of us knows what that number is. So how do we know when to be “happy” or sad about a win?

Be happy about a win. Be sad about a loss. Be sad about the overall state of the program unless we win a championship.

Serious question, how do those two reconcile?

I’m sure all of us want to lose just enough to get him fired, and no more than that, but none of us knows what that number is. So how do we know when to be “happy” or sad about a win?

Throw in the added wrinkle of occasionally wagering against the Deacs, and it is admittedly a confusing mess.

I look at this as a wasted, throwaway year. I want Manning gone ASAP, but when I actually watch the games I can't root against us.

I've heard others express the same thoughts... It's just a depressing disaster until Manning is gone. And then it'll still be a mess, but at least you'll be able to have some hope.

Back