• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

kure beach recs

Milhouse

Reaction score
all knowing pit

heading to kure beach next week with the little monkeys for spring break. any recs?

Kids will like the nearby Southport Ferry, and Southport itself is a cool place to walk around.

Aquarium, obvi ! Going to the north end of nearby Carolina Beach and driving on the beach is pretty cool - not that many places you can do that anymore. They charge you like $20 for a day pass, though - or you can get an annual pass for maybe $100... I could be wrong on those prices, though.

Second Britts. That place is the bomb.

Britt's and Frank's pizza in Carolina Beach are must hits. Aquarium. There isn't really much else. You could head down to the pier and go fishing. Mostly just enjoy the beach as it's pretty quiet.

I always enjoy the bike trails along the main road and at Carolina Beach Park, if you're into that sort of thing.

Oh yeah, Carolina Beach state park has great walking trails.

It also has venus fly traps which are very cool to see int he wild. I didn't realize the only place in the world you can see them is within 60 miles of Wilmington. Pretty cool.

I live on the island and there really isn't a whole lot to do this time of year for kids. The Ft Fisher museum is an option depending on the age of the kids. Britts is probably only open Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday fyi. There is a disc golf course, tennis court, and basketball courts at the Kure Beach town park. Taking the ferry to Southport is a must for kids I think and make sure you take them to Bull Frog Corner, cool store for kids if you do. I've got a buddy who is just starting cbinshore.com. He will take a family out on the river or intercoastal waterway and do just about anything you want for any length of time you want. Lots of alligators can easily been seen in the river this time of the year and that's pretty neat or just bird watching/nature watching, that type of thing at very reasonable prices this time of the year. There's always Jungle Rapids on Oleander about 20 miles back into Wilmington. Have a safe trip.

Back