• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs Soccer

EqDeac

Reaction score
East Dorset, VT/ West Palm Beach, FL/ Upperville,
#14 Wake soccer is currently leading #10 UNC midway through the 1st half 1-0 off a Stengel goal. Wake is looking for its first win at Fetzer Field. UNC and Wake are currently tied for 4th in the ACC with the top 4 seeds in the ACC tournament getting home field advantage and two games left. Trying to spoil UNC's senior day.

Game is on ESPN3.

Seems amazing that there are 2 teams in the top 15 who are tied for 4th in the league.

I thought the Wake women dropped pretty far pretty quickly after the slow start. I still believe we're a top 5 team.

Yeah...I mean we're 11-3-3 in the best conference in America lol. If we win today we will move back in the top 10 and host a first round tourney game in the Women's Tourney.

Deacs hang on for the win. First win ever at unc and only second ever win over the Tar Heels.

Huge win! With the (very passive) way we played against duke last week, I didn't think we'd have a shot. Also, I absolutely hate Florida State's women's team. Such thugs.

Huge win! With the (very passive) way we played against duke last week, I didn't think we'd have a shot. Also, I absolutely hate Florida State's women's team. Such thugs.

Yeah, great win! But what was wrong against Duke...no offensive push until the 2nd OT.

Yeah, great win! But what was wrong against Duke...no offensive push until the 2nd OT.

Exactly. Calideac can probably correct me, but I think Nuzzoleze was just coming back from a recent injury, and she wasn't very effective in the midfield. Berry was playing really deep, and Stengel wasn't getting service -- and when she was, had no support.

We really started pushing in that second overtime, put both Stengel and Nuzzoleze up top, and took it to 'em. I wasn't able to watch the game today against Carolina -- can anyone recap for me?

I missed the first half today so I didn't see our first goal, we did look a little better than we did against Duke although after we got our second goal we basically created nothing else. Carolina had a bunch of chances near the end, Bledsoe was great though especially on corners. The Duke experiment of Stengel playing attacking midfielder was a definite fail. Great to clinch a home game in the ACC tourney.

Although it was fun to say I was a part of our only win against UNC before today, it is so much sweeter to see UNC go down especially at the hell hole that is Fetzer Field.

I missed the first half today so I didn't see our first goal, we did look a little better than we did against Duke although after we got our second goal we basically created nothing else. Carolina had a bunch of chances near the end, Bledsoe was great though especially on corners. The Duke experiment of Stengel playing attacking midfielder was a definite fail. Great to clinch a home game in the ACC tourney.

Although it was fun to say I was a part of our only win against UNC before today, it is so much sweeter to see UNC go down especially at the hell hole that is Fetzer Field.

That's OK. Now you can say that you were a part of our first win that started our domination over UNC!

Back