• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Larue, Battle, Childress

There is no coach that we want who would be saddled by not having complete freedom in selecting staff- and i would not want one who would keep any of the old people- time to change- clinging to the old is what partially got us here in the first place. Bury them in the AD department with the suited preppy clones ok- basketball staff- no.

Whoever comes to Wake should have a free hand to select whomever he wants as his assistants. If he brings a whole staff with him, great. If he brings some from his old school and others from elsewhere, great. If the new coach wants to keep anyone from the current staff, it should only be because the person(s) kept on is one of the best people he can get to help him win at WFU.

The new coach will have free reign to select his own staff.

I suspect that our new coach will want to retain a member of the former staff due to familiarity with the players, particularly since we have so many returning scholarship players.

I suspect that our new coach will want to retain a member of the former staff due to familiarity with the players, particularly since we have so many returning scholarship players.

Why? What real benefit comes from that?

While Bz gets and deserves the lion's share of the blame for the train wreck that has become WF basketball, Battle, Larue and Childress were on the staff and were at least partially responsible for administering the mess that has become WF basketball. Loved Rusty and Randolph as basketball players and will always hold them near and dear to my heart for being part of the best run of WF basketball in my time as a WF fan. Have heard only great things about Battle. Regardless, the program failed during the time that they played roles as assistant coaches. Impossible to excuse that fact.

I wish all of them the best, and would love it if either Randolph or Rusty proved to be a successful enough coach elsewhere to become a future WF coach, but it is time for an entirely new chapter of WF basketball.

+1 Need a total house cleaning and let the new coach pick his own staff. This entire assistant coaching staff is responsible for not getting the fire in the belly of these players for all the games. Not just Duke, North Carolina and State. They have to learn to play hard every single game and that starts in practice and in October. Clean house.

Back