• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Latest MTOW - Ron says the right stuff re: football

I have also come to the conclusion that Wake could get a get a good replacement for Grobe if/when the time comes. This conclusion is the result of watching South Florida get Willie Taggart for 5 years $5.75 million dollars and then watching the Temple job attract some pretty solid interest. At the very least we can do so much better than god damn Lobo. Whatever he is making he is stealing from us.

I don't even want to think about how much Lobo is making after 10 years as an OC.

2lsd4bt.jpg
[/IMG]

And punt 95 times.

This is embarrassingly laughable. We've now righted the program because the head coach is leading workouts?

Comical and embarrassing.

Agree. Go back after the 2010 season (incl. the Stanford fiasco) and you'll see incredibly similar quotes from Wellman with assurances that Grobe was making the right changes, that losing was unacceptable, this year was an anomaly, blah, blah, blah.

Only if Grobe is forced to change both O and D coordinators should anyone think Wellman is serious about making Grobe shake things up.

For some reason I am optimistic about Wake football next year. I admit I drank the Kool-Aid in Wellman's statements to Dan readily. However, there is a lot of talent coming back, and maybe Grobe is coming out of his coma and is a little pissed off, and is conveying that mood to the staff and players. I'm risking a glass half full mentality for football, especially with the incredibly poor state of the basketball program.

What about the last 4 years of Grobe standing on the sideline picking clovers and watching butterflies makes you think he's finally pissed off?

This year is all on Grobe. He is bringing back the staff intact when we underperformed pretty badly last year. If we struggle, he has noone to blame but himself.

I would be very surprised to see any staffing changes, or even really big hints of staffing changes until after the BCS games finish. Coaches Wake might want to hire should be busy with their own teams until then. Wake is not likely to let go of people here until replacements are pretty well in line. There needs to be coaches ready to come to Wake "if there should be an opening" before the opening actually happens.

Talk means nothing- it 's not what Grobe says- it is what he does- if leading early morning practice sessions is all he's got, well that's pathetic considering the work that needs to be done.

Wake had three new coaches this season, and one the year before. That is four out of nine with less than three years at Wake. That is a pretty significant turnover recently. Sometimes it takes a year for a coach to "reconnect" all the recruiting lines to a new school. The current crop of commits looks pretty good by historic Wake standards.

Back