• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Le Tour de France (NWT)

I'll be in Paris when they come streaming down the Champs-Elysees, but other than that, I probably won't watch much.

Hard for me to get into the tour with all the doping. Not sure if that's still a problem, but I really lost interest.

Hard for me to get into the tour with all the doping. Not sure if that's still a problem, but I really lost interest.

lol come on. that's ridiculous.

yeah, the doping thing is a pretty lame reason at this point. i mean, if you don't like cycling that's fine... but if you're going to knock cycling for doping, you've got to do that for basically every professional sport out there (minus darts or table tennis or something).
i understand being disappointed in riders/teams for condoning doping, but how does that make you lose interest in the entire thing? because all of a sudden things don't seem impressive/they can only do it because of the drugs? genuinely curious.

ugh now tony martin wrecks now. strongly favoring left arm. being pushed across the line by teammates

tragic.
looked like it was his fault... but regardless, that's so, so unfortunate for him.

i <3 andrew talansky

Haven't we figured out how to put engines on bikes? Cycling should have died before it even started. Who cares whose the best at working out?

The real shame here is that there are perfectly good streets that cars are not being allowed to drive on due to selfish bikers.

a) last year when he rode solo to finish stage 11, he totally won me over. beast. mode.
b) in his booth time w/ bobke et. al. today he was very well-spoken and did a good job of giving a rider's perspective on some of these big events (crashes) during the stages, which helps make the sport more accessible to folks who only watch during the tour
c) he's takes falls frequently due to his role on the team, but always gets up and motors through to get his job done
d) he's kinda cute :)
eta: d) because AMERICA

Last edited:
Haven't we figured out how to put engines on bikes? Cycling should have died before it even started. Who cares whose the best at working out?

The real shame here is that there are perfectly good streets that cars are not being allowed to drive on due to selfish bikers.

3dc95d2cb81114e5d94d22d25c1a9c14.jpg

tony martin is officially out, with a compound fracture of his collarbone. yeesh. already back in germany for surgery.

WFcatamount22 plays real sports. Not trying to be the best at exercising.

Yep, hated to see Spartacus go down and subsequently out. Some of these crashes look like amateur hour out there.

cavendish in a photo finish. all the big names at the front.

Back