• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lets have some sanity

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
I doubt everyone will be happy with the new basketball coach, whoever it may be. But come on guys, lets at least give him/she a couple of years and see what happens. I would love for the hire to be Matta, but even if it is a guy I can't stand, I am willing to give him a year of so before running him out of town.

The pitchforks were justified for [Redacted].
I think Manning got a grace period.

I doubt everyone will be happy with the new basketball coach, whoever it may be. But come on guys, lets at least give him/she a couple of years and see what happens. I would love for the hire to be Matta, but even if it is a guy I can't stand, I am willing to give him a year of so before running him out of town.

Thanks for sharing?

Agree. Not a fan of Amaker candidacy, but he would be improvement over the last two hires. Whomever gets hired, it will be his record that matters; not the initial press conference.

Bud, sanity has been at best a long distant relationship to anything on this board for five years, as pertains to basketball. I can’t really blame them, either.

I agree about Matta.

Just remember, not everyone was happy with Clawson being named football coach. But he won the press conference and has been a fantastic hire. I just hope whoever Currie hires has as clear a vision of how to make Wake Basketball relevant again as Clawson did. I was always impressed by the story of him keeping the Wake representative up late because he wanted to explain his vision of how he could succeed at Wake. DM never had a plan or a vision. I hope whoever Currie hires sets how for him and the fans how he expects to resurrect our basketball program

I'll remain sane as long as the choice is Matta. I'm out all the way if the choice is a dookie.

Hey bud

fc9b2c7c8467414c05429c8f1b29ffeb.gif

Just remember, not everyone was happy with Clawson being named football coach. But he won the press conference and has been a fantastic hire. I just hope whoever Currie hires has as clear a vision of how to make Wake Basketball relevant again as Clawson did. I was always impressed by the story of him keeping the Wake representative up late because he wanted to explain his vision of how he could succeed at Wake. DM never had a plan or a vision. I hope whoever Currie hires sets how for him and the fans how he expects to resurrect our basketball program

Is there where you remind us that Coach K didn't impress for his first few years?

I say let’s have some sanity in HIRING. The rest will take care of itself. If we can’t land someone better than our bottom tier, let Chill hold the reins until we can.

Back