• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Letter to Journal

LOL, If I hadn't seen the name of the author, would have thought this was penned by Nina...

Bullying behavior

I am appalled at the actions of some “adults” in our community. We hear of bullying in the schools and how children are bullied and mistreated. We teach children how to handle these situations when they see it happen, or when it happens to them. Everyone, including the media, is up in arms at the mention of any incident; large, small, intentional or unintentional.

We have watched a horrible incident of bullying unfold involving the Wake Forest University community. It makes me sick to my stomach. The treatment Coach Jeff [Redacted] has received is nothing short of bullying (“Wake wins, but anti-[Redacted] billboards back,” March 13).

The billboards, the message boards, newspaper ads and people who claim to be supporters of the university have done nothing but tear it down with their negativity. These student-athletes work hard every time they come out of that tunnel. To hear the venom spewed at them and their coach is heartbreaking.

How are we to teach children to not be bullies when they see adults model this type of behavior? It would not be tolerated in children but, apparently, is acceptable for “adults.”

Last edited:
Better question who stands with Harvey E Armour in his fight against facilitating the sin of gay marriage by making homosexual wedding cakes?

I'd be willing to wager that "Jerri" is a woman... or a gigantic pussy of a guy for spelling it with an "i."

Remember when Jerry Smith was supposedly a super secret verbal to Wake and then he committed to Louisville?

Those were the days.

Remember when Jerry Smith was supposedly a super secret verbal to Wake and then he committed to Louisville?

Those were the days.

Since I have pretty much blocked out the last 4 years of college hoops, whenever I hear a sports clip about Russ Smith, I think it is Jerry Smith and then lament how he should be playing for us. Which usually leads me to a "fuck [Redacted]".

Hey strattons, we got some billboard money to take this woman down?

Maybe you young bucks can get your participation trophies ready and call all the team mom's together for subs and chips and the sippie drinks when we do finally get a new basketball coach.

culture-bully-banner-depth2.jpg

Back