• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

List of Pretentious Shit

oh shit the mommy juice has kicked. in.

nah, that's just me giving brasky a hard time because it's weaksauce to be 'bored' during inside training, whether it's treadmill or trainer stuff. there's plenty to concentrate on. granted, if you're literally just sitting there and spinning your legs, I suppose that could be boring... but that's not really training.

(this is also a pretentious post about training, in keeping with the thread)

so your mental game is weak... got it.

When it comes to biking? Oh yeah. I definitely need landmarks and different milestones to motivate me. Just sitting there on a stationary bike feels like I'm accomplishing nothing.

I feel similarly about treadmills, but they are a little more tolerable. Spin classes are slightly better, but still not really my thing.

When it comes to biking? Oh yeah. I definitely need landmarks and different milestones to motivate me. Just sitting there on a stationary bike feels like I'm accomplishing nothing.

I feel similarly about treadmills, but they are a little more tolerable. Spin classes are slightly better, but still not really my thing.

I have a tri (doing a triathlon is pretentious) in 2 weeks and have done some stationary bike training at the Y across the street. I went in a couple of weeks ago in light grey sweats and after the ride, the sweat on my pants looked like I pissed all over myself. I had to walk by no less than 200 people to get out. In conclusion, never wear light-colored sweats to bike.

I have no idea how people ride inside. I had to twice last year during triathlon training due to weather and it was absolute torture. I've never been more bored.

This is pretty damn pretentious. Some people don't live in an area conducive to outdoor riding, nor do they have the means to commute to a more bike-friendly area.

Also pretentious: the fucking War & Peace novel I have to scroll through just to get to a recipe that I Googled. Fuck you Carol, just give me the steps to make the sauce. I don't need to hear about your goddamn trip to Tuscany.

This is pretty damn pretentious. Some people don't live in an area conducive to outdoor riding, nor do they have the means to commute to a more bike-friendly area.

Also pretentious: the fucking War & Peace novel I have to scroll through just to get to a recipe that I Googled. Fuck you Carol, just give me the steps to make the sauce. I don't need to hear about your goddamn trip to Tuscany.

better or worse than "my huband loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved this bland carb + cheese + overcooked veggies dish !!12"

Podcasts are no longer pretentious, btw. Just boring, pointless, and pretentious conversations or lectures.

The gourmet grilled cheese/lobster roll food trucks, definitely. The barely functional taco trucks that serve incredible food but most people are too scared to go there, not so much.

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t put taco trucks/stands in the same caragory as food trucks though.

Back