• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Man kills lion; internet proceeds to take down man

Let's get the following dumbass comment out of the way:

How many of the people who are outraged over this will sit down to eat a plate full of dead animal tonight?

We're bound to hear this nonsense by people who fail to differentiate between killing for sustenance vs killing for fun.

My only concern really is how the Internet tends to shoot first (so to speak) and ask questions later. Either way, people are going to wreck this guys shit...and, assuming he did what is being reported, he rightly deserves it.

My only concern really is how the Internet tends to shoot first (so to speak) and ask questions later. Either way, people are going to wreck this guys shit...and, assuming he did what is being reported, he rightly deserves it.

Do the dozen+ employees at his business deserve it?

i mean, they can't be unaware that their boss pays large sums of money to shoot rare animals

i mean, they can't be unaware that their boss pays large sums of money to shoot rare animals

I represented someone who did this as well. So weird. He told me that he would polar bears. Polar bears. WTF. Tigers and rhinos, all shit. So crazy to me.

Do the dozen+ employees at his business deserve it?
I think that's a question that their boss should have considered before he (allegedly) broke international law and poached a protected animal.

I think that's a question that their boss should have considered before he (allegedly) broke international law and poached a protected animal.

perhaps, but since he didn't then what? fuck em?

yep; there's no such thing as "deserving" or "not deserving"

life isn't fair

in a week or so the outrage will die off (zing) or someone else will do something just as offensive and take the heat off

the guy just needs to keep his trap shut

I don't know, but I guess I also don't know what LK's angle is on this thread. It sucks when bosses don't take their responsibilities to their employees seriously.

Somehow, I doubt the business closes. The dude seems like a douche and I despise hunting for sport based on principle, but I'm not sure he actually did anything illegal. The Zimbabwean guides and parks officials sound like they set the whole thing up under the auspice of a legal permit.

Luring the animal out of the park is illegal.

New question to ask the small business owner you wish to work for "What's the risk that you're going to do something holy shit stupid and get flamed worldwide on the net, causing a disaster for the business and me to lose my job?"

Luring the animal out of the park is illegal.
It doesn't seem like he realized that's what was happening. The guides and bribed parks official did. That's all I'm trying to say.

ETA: I'd love to be wrong because I hate poacher scum.

Back