• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Man vs. Food inspired NC Chicken Run.

Dallas33

Reaction score
That is an awesome idea.

Dame's Chicken and Waffles in Durham

I just recently went to Dame's new location in Downtown Greensboro but I bet the original location is better i will have to try it. The wings and sweet potato waffle were Delicious.

Port a Pit is delicious. Absolutely delicious.

I ate at Woodlands in Blowing Rock on Saturday night, and their smoked chicken halves are really, really good.

Can you pick up Price's and take it to World of Beers? I take it to CM porch occasionally, but I think they frown on that.

<<< Well considering my location, my vote is clear. If you want some more upscale, wood-fired, plain old awesome chicken while you're in Charlotte, go to Roosters. You can get a roasted half bird, either rotisserie or BBQ style for like $12 at an awesome restaurant. Two locations now as well. One in uptown and one in South Park.

Can you pick up Price's and take it to World of Beers? I take it to CM porch occasionally, but I think they frown on that.

World of Beers usually has a food truck...not sure if they allow other outside food in. NoDa Brewery definitely does though, even if the food truck is there. Might as well take in local beer while enjoying local chicken.

World of Beers usually has a food truck...not sure if they allow other outside food in. NoDa Brewery definitely does though, even if the food truck is there. Might as well take in local beer while enjoying local chicken.

Or I guess CCC is close by as well. Might give that a shot this week...

Or I guess CCC is close by as well. Might give that a shot this week...

Yeah...forgot about them. Haven't been there enough yet to know their food policy. I'm partial to my short walk to NoDa and Birdsong.

unless something has changed recently, WoB definitely allows all outside food in. the reason CM doesn't is because they sell food. WoB doesn't sell it, so they allow it from anywhere.

Yeah, Common Market has this novel idea of selling food and beer in the same place, and providing you with an area to eat it, which is nice. The patio can be kind of smelly though from the smokers. Even if no one's smoking, the ashtrays reek.

Back