• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

A little intriguing that there has been no announcement about Manning, but at this point I'd be pretty shocked if he's not back for another year. I expect JC wants to keep his options open as long as possible, but pretty soon he'll have to make firm plans for the future.

Daniel F-ing Green.

Never was so much made over a college player who scored a total of 63 points in 52 games at two different schools over 4 years of eligibility.

The kid had multiple, serious injuries...but they had nothing to do with his production.

The kid had multiple, serious injuries...but they had nothing to do with his production.

dude, speaking as probably the board's most dedicated and irrational Daniel Green stan:

he was just never very good or even good at basketball

i hope he's gone on to have a nice life, though, because he seemed like a great kid

Kevin Swinton was always one who got me.

Watched him in HS and was excited. He was a consensus top-100 player and he was definitely a letdown. Granted, he would’ve started for us the last few years after JC left.

Or, as a recruit ranked in the 400's, it could be that he just sucked. Same with Ody and Okeke...some people just want to appear smart by pretending them to be better than they are and hoping it proves true.

Kevin Swinton was always one who got me.

Watched him in HS and was excited. He was a consensus top-100 player and he was definitely a letdown. Granted, he would’ve started for us the last few years after JC left.
Prosser tried to get in with NC prospects really early at that time (Hendley, Ingram) and Swinton was offered as a sophomore. He was a monster at that time but was only 6’4” and had no perimeter game. The problem was that Swinton stopped growing and was a very undersized power forward at WFU.

Prosser tried to get in with NC prospects really early at that time (Hendley, Ingram) and Swinton was offered as a sophomore. He was a monster at that time but was only 6’4” and had no perimeter game. The problem was that Swinton stopped growing and was a very undersized power forward at WFU.

I always loved Prosser's NC first approach. That first wave of talent was great along with a few Euros....

But you are 100% right on what happened with Swinton.

247 has him at 6’7 230lb.

Also, he would be the third highest ranked player of the Manning at #63 overall in class. My oh my how we’ve fallen.

I was a huge Ingram fan. He was such a cool dude. Always took the time to say what’s up to me and treated me
Like a friend when I’d see him out. He is also a guy who would’ve started for most of our teams over the past decade and he hardly saw the court at Wake. He could throw it down!

Ingram was ranked 116 in his class and wasn’t even a top rotational player for Wake. He would be a top tier manning recruit as well.

Never forget that Richard Joyce was a 4-star.

One of my favorite board discussions from that period was people wondering why Joyce was rated so much lower than JJ Redick. The logic was both could shoot, but Joyce was a good dunker which gave him an edge.

247 has him at 6’7 230lb.

Also, he would be the third highest ranked player of the Manning at #63 overall in class. My oh my how we’ve fallen.

I was a huge Ingram fan. He was such a cool dude. Always took the time to say what’s up to me and treated me
Like a friend when I’d see him out. He is also a guy who would’ve started for most of our teams over the past decade and he hardly saw the court at Wake. He could throw it down!

Yeah what he stopped growing. He was listed at 6’7, 230.

Scooter Banks was listed at 6’6 230 and he did just fine at PF Duncan’s sophomore year. Arinze was what 6’5, 225? Now, HE was a little undersized and got stuffed a good bit. Who knows how tall these dudes were without shoes.

I do agree Swint had no outside game or skills, but his inside game and lack of motor were shockingly soft.

Watching Hook right now and reminded of Scott Feather’s Rufio dream on that ESPN documentary

Things are about to restart in this country. The hoops coach carousel won't be the first thing back but it will happen.

Back