• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Buyout Negotiations Have Begun

Things can change if we get the right guy. Hopefully...

I think he'd be making a big mistake. Kids sign from France for NBA all the time, but it almost never happens after they have spent three years in the US and gone back to France to play pro.

With the right coach next year, Sarr could be a first round pick.

Agreed. I hope he comes back, but money is money.

Unfortunately I do not have good news to report as of right now. I will say that regardless of whether Manning stays or goes, it would be a SHOCK to me if Sarr comes back. I honestly don't know about the rest of the team but it would likely be depending on who is hired for some of them.
It seems it’s always been somewhat of a mixed bag as to whether players enjoyed playing for Manning. I recollect Les saying last year that several sources said yes and several said no. I always figured that the players knew they were going to have to work harder on the defensive end with a new coach.

Unfortunately I do not have good news to report as of right now. I will say that regardless of whether Manning stays or goes, it would be a SHOCK to me if Sarr comes back. I honestly don't know about the rest of the team but it would likely be depending on who is hired for some of them.

Going pro in Europe or G League?

Also, Sarr is making a wise decision to take a definitive position. By saying he's leaving, there will be less press. It's the one answer that gives him the most freedom.

If he stays make his life miserably. No planes no expense accounts. Isolate him from everyone. Can't make the program any worse

So im guessing the horse tripped near the finish line and broke its leg??

BTW, it's time to give Danny credit for his help during this health crisis. His defensive schemes provide social distancing.
I've been describing it as the 'parting of the seas' defense. But your quote fits today's crisis much better.

This thread was started March 4. For two solid weeks we’ve been under the impression that “buyout negotiations have begun.“ Unreal that he is still our basketball coach. At the same time I care a lot less about this situation than I did on March 4.

They have been trying to fire Manning for 2 weeks and cant, you know what that means? HE WILL BE BACK.

I can't imagine more of a lame duck coach than a coach that is only there because you can't afford to fire him. You are better off firing him, paying the buyout and getting an interim coach for a year.

At this point Currie either has a big hire lined up and is a hero or he literally can’t fire Manning for whatever reason and he’s a goat for the rest of his career. Not much of a middle ground.

Back