• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manny vs Floyd, itsssssss on

Judging from twitter reaction, if this is the fight of the century (as it was billed), the century must have had some pretty bad boxing.
Guess all the people saying "boring fight" on Twitter have never watched Mayweather fight before. He's very good at making it boring in his favor. Can't believe people would pay $100 to watch that.

Truth sport is shit. There is virtually no incentive to fight to win when there Is this money involved no matter the outcome. Put the sport to rest, it sucks.

True to an extent but I believe that if America can ever produce another dominate heavyweight he will be the highest paid entertainer of all time. This fight has firmed that belief.

True to an extent but I believe that if America can ever produce another dominate heavyweight he will be the highest paid entertainer of all time. This fight has firmed that belief.
Yeah, it would have to be a Mike Tyson type.

Yeah, it would have to be a Mike Tyson type.

I mean seriously why would anyone go all out trying to knock someone out when you know you are making an insanely handsome purse regardless of the outcome? If you told me I was guaranteed this many millions, I would just try my hardest to leave the arena with my brain still together.

Glad I didn't pay for the fight but wish I could have my time back that I wasted to watch this trash.

This match was weak. UFC is the real winner.

It really was. I hate UFC but I can see why people prefer it to boxing after watching any of Mayweather's fights. Guy is an incredibly gifted fighter but the sport is just so beyond boring.

I mean seriously why would anyone go all out trying to knock someone out when you know you are making an insanely handsome purse regardless of the outcome? If you told me I was guaranteed this many millions, I would just try my hardest to leave the arena with my brain still together.

Glad I didn't pay for the fight but wish I could have my time back that I wasted to watch this trash.

I completely agree with you. Tonight should have been a big night for boxing and instead felt like its death knell.

Outside of the Russian brothers, whose first names I don't know, I'm not sure I could name two other boxers. I could name 50 MMA fighters.

This fight was better
xlHJbNf.jpg

I never understood the "best sports weekend of the year" hype leading up to yesterday. Yes, there was a good basketball game, but boxing and horse racing? Did we go back to the 1920s? Happy for you if that's your thing, but I just couldn't feel the excitement about either.

48-0. Whooped ass, like I said. I heard for years now about how Mayweather was scared to fight pac, now that he has beat this man, who is next? I'm sure people will come up with another boxer that Floyd is scared to face! Where is RJ?

48-0. Whooped ass, like I said. I heard for years now about how Mayweather was scared to fight pac, now that he has beat this man, who is next? I'm sure people will come up with another boxer that Floyd is scared to face! Where is RJ?
I guess mayweather will go back to hitting women until a new challenger steps up

Reactions: ONW
Back