• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maryland Takes Ball and Goes Home...

from a PSU alum friend: Yeah, I really don't like the idea of Maryland being our Greece.

Been reading some things about a Maryland-Penn State rivalry, except PSU is 35-1-1 in football against the Twerps....I think it's more like Maryland is delusional

u-mad1.jpg

Been reading some things about a Maryland-Penn State rivalry, except PSU is 35-1-1 in football against the Twerps....I think it's more like Maryland is delusional

we played them once in 94 and before that was like the 70s I think? Its more that they recruit the same areas and such, LOTS of recruiting battles and they refuse to play us. Its a natural border and a ton of Penn State alumni in the area.

Press Conference today at 4pm to announce their move. Gotta say I'm surprised by this- had assumed that if someone were to leave it would have been FSU.

we played them once in 94 and before that was like the 70s I think? Its more that they recruit the same areas and such, LOTS of recruiting battles and they refuse to play us. Its a natural border and a ton of Penn State alumni in the area.

Right.....how many of those recruiting battles did UMD win?

"We played them once ... er ... twice ... er, we look at players from the same area! They are our rival!"

nice to see you're at least attempting to rationalize it.

B1G is tossing around the idea of putting Rutgers and Maryland in their own division: Leaders, Legends, and Followers.

Also suggested: Leaders, Legends, and Strategic TV Market Commodities.

Right.....how many of those recruiting battles did UMD win?

We won some, but I don't follow recruiting anymore to remember any of the battles except Logan-El and look how that turned out. I don't think we even recruited Maybin. I mean we did just beat Ohio State for Stefon Diggs.

"We played them once ... er ... twice ... er, we look at players from the same area! They are our rival!"

nice to see you're at least attempting to rationalize it.

There isn't any rivalry yet. The ink isn't even dry.

Northwestern's message board is going to be SO HAPPY to have an influx of new Maryland posters.

The real question now is if Clemson or FSU start turning the tires again after this. Especially if MD negotiates a lower buy out

Now that they're headed to the Big Ten will they stop bitching and moaning about Greensboro?

Back