• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mass found in the chest of Chiefs' Eric Berry, believed to be lymphoma

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
Per Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Chiefs trainer Rick Burkholder tells reporters S Eric Berry is undergoing tests for a mass in his chest believed to be lymphoma. Horrible

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/537006210198040576

Statement from Berry:

“I am truly thankful for all of the support from family, friends, coaches, teammates and the entire Chiefs kingdom. At first I was in shock with the diagnosis on Saturday and did not even want to miss a game, but I understand that right now I have to concentrate on a new opponent. I have great confidence in the doctors and the plan they are going to put in place for me to win this fight. I believe that I am in God’s hands and I have great peace in that. I know my coaches and teammates will hold things down here the rest of the season and until I am back running out of the tunnel at Arrowhead. I am so thankful and appreciative of being a part of this franchise and playing in front of the best fans in the NFL. I will be back!”
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/articl...ic-Berry/902b7f1b-d10a-43b2-a51f-04100a135f7a

Press conference video also on that page.

thoughts and prayers are with Eric and his family.

Very sad news..just read an article on him from SI, a few weeks back; said how much his family means to him. Wishing the best for Eric and I know his family will be there providing all the support they can.

He's always been a stud from Tennessee then to the Chiefs. All the best to him and his family.

dang. get well, Eric. things are more important in life than football. hope to see him make a full recovery and get back to being a stud.

Best wishes to him in his recovery

Cancer is the fucking worst

Did he play at WFU for a short time before flunking out? We had a talented player with a very similar name who left school early .

To add a moment of levity, I will be forever grateful to Eric Berry. He gave us this.

Back