• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maybe posted elsewhere, but did we only offer Shaka 2 million?

It says more than $2 million. Is this also the first time some one has actually printed that Shaka turned us down?

It says more than $2 million. Is this also the first time some one has actually printed that Shaka turned us down?

True, but if was closer to the 3 million mark, wouldn't it say almost 3 million or at least more than 2.5 million?

Do we really believe a Tulsa reporter has any idea what we offered Shaka? Our own insiders have indicated it was well north of $2 million. The reporter picked a number he knew was low, added a qualifier of "more than" and threw it into the article.

Do we really believe a Tulsa reporter has any idea what we offered Shaka? Our own insiders have indicated it was well north of $2 million. The reporter picked a number he knew was low, added a qualifier of "more than" and threw it into the article.

Probably so, if Shaka turned down something in the neighborhood of 3 million and we still couldn't get him, then fine. I just hope it was in that neighborhood.

If I had to guess, closer to 2 mil with performance incentives to reach 3 mil.

But again, SPECULATION.

It was around 3 mil. Unclear on how much of that was base and how much was incentive driven.

Probably so, if Shaka turned down something in the neighborhood of 3 million and we still couldn't get him, then fine. I just hope it was in that neighborhood.

"Fine", unless the reason he turned it down was Wellman/Hatch.

It was more than $2 million. It was less then $10 million. See how that works?

Back