• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 14: Miami Hurricanes @ WF - 2:15 Saturday - CW Network

we are really going to need to close out on the perimeter, which is the worst part of our defense

and we're really going to need to take it to the rack, which is the worst part of miami's defense

The delta between Miami's 3PT% offense (41.6) and 3PT% defense (27.2) is crazy. They are top-10 in both categories, I wonder if that has ever happened before.
That screams regression is coming for the Canes, but then again, that's what Clemson backers may have thought last night, and then, Miami went out and shot 46% from three with their best three point shooter out.

not sure what the word is on Poplar for Sat. but would be a big benefit if they are still without him. I would wager Omier is not going to go off against the Deacs like he did against PJ and tigers as you are going to see the diff. 2 inches makes as Efton will control the paint and not allow as many slashing shots by him in the paint and think Carr has a big bounce back game as he and Reid should dominate the paint and force the Canes to sag in and hopefully open up for a lot of 3s from our guards. I also think you will start to see why Efton will start to differentiate himself as a defensive diff. maker vs. other centers which you saw in the 2nd half vs. BC, but think you will see it for the whole game as he won't be going against another 7 footer but a 5' 7" forward. I also don't think the Canes will shoot 46% from 3 on the road and likely to come down to earth. Think we will only be up a handful of points at half, but think we wear them down in the paint in 2nd half and pull away for a double digit victory.

If I had a nickel for every time I said this to a girl...

Want a tightly officiated game for this one. We don't have much more depth than Miami, and they are just as good as we are from the line, but even getting one or two of their players in foul trouble would really be a big advantage to Wake. That said, Efton needs to try to keep his fouls to a minimum.

Our preview over at BSD is out for Saturday's game. You can check it out here.

Just about 2000 words including metrics, roster analysis, my take/keys to the game and a prediction.

This is going to be a game between some seriously impressive offenses. It'll be Wake's biggest test thus far on defense, but I think there are some cracks on Miami's end too. My take: in the end, the location might just be the difference.

Gotta love Omier from Miami. 6-7 but usually plays against the other team's center. Still pulls down 10 rebounds per game on average.

Regarding the upcoming game with the Canes....."IN FORBES I TRUST"

Can’t make it to the game on Saturday due to a family commitment in the Triangle, but I am not thrilled that I’m already getting warnings about power outages. If I can’t watch then I will be very mad!

This game has the vibe of one where Parker is going to drop 6 3's on Miami. He just seems able to go off regardless of the D, and this is a big game @ home. Chip in those 18+ from him, Cam doing Cam things, Boopie & Sallis doing their thing, Carr having a much better performance than his heroics @ BC, Reid dominating ... Wake by 14.

Good thing Pilch posts these previews - I might not have noticed the game was televised. Was looking on all the usual sports channels this a.m. and didn't see it anywhere. I don't recall ever seeing a sporting event on the CW. This would be a quality win.

Morning/Afternoon folks, another episode of the Boots On The Ground Pod is in. We spend over an hour covering several topics, including the VT and BC games, and an in-depth preview of Miami for Saturday.

The Hurricanes are going to be a massive test, but we think they're one Wake Forest can pass.

Listen here:

not a big ACC football fan I guess
I just don't remember going there for sports before, and I watch a fair amount of ACC ball, though I admit that my college football viewing is more national, and my college hoops viewing is more regional.

Has Forbes beaten UM since he’s been at Wake? I still have nightmares of Isaiah Wong dancing all over the court as he rains 3s over us.

Back