• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 2: @ UGA - 7pm Friday - SEC Network

Hey MichDeac

White took Florida to the Round of 32 or beyond 4 of his 6 seasons at Florida.

Our coaches (6 of them—over 25 years) have done that 5 times.

I don’t much like White. But it shows the lunacy of the Wake Forest style comment you fired out here.

See on other board that Sallis practiced yesterday. Hope he isn’t hobbled again tonight. He really got us back into that Elon game.

What'd happen if we just rolled Efton out anyways?
It's crazy how many people actually say stuff like this. This would be such a dumb thing to do. Forfeit all the games, likely a severe punishment from the NCAA. Not worth it.

It's crazy how many people actually say stuff like this. This would be such a dumb thing to do. Forfeit all the games, likely a severe punishment from the NCAA. Not worth it.
I'm not saying we ought to just asking what would happen

So can these folks go back to their previous school as their only option moving forward if they wanna play college basketball again or what? Is it just head off to Europe I gues?

So can these folks go back to their previous school as their only option moving forward if they wanna play college basketball again or what? Is it just head off to Europe I gues?
I guess sit out a year? If the NCAA was actually efficient they could make these decisions before a player actually transferred schools/start of the semester. Should already be figured out before you transfer credits.

Yes, they can sit out a year and play for their school of choice.

Lost in people grousing about the NCAA rulings on this is that it was the schools that passed the rule that two-time non-grad transfer have to sit out a year, and asked the NCAA to enforce that rule after the COVID year when there was just massive free agency. The member schools propose and pass the rules that the NCAA enforces. If the schools want no restrictions on transfers, such a rule can be passed.

Yes, they can sit out a year and play for their school of choice.

Lost in people grousing about the NCAA rulings on this is that it was the schools that passed the rule that two-time non-grad transfer have to sit out a year, and asked the NCAA to enforce that rule after the COVID year when there was just massive free agency. The member schools propose and pass the rules that the NCAA enforces. If the schools want no restrictions on transfers, such a rule can be passed.
I just want it to be all or none at this point. The whole waiver and appeal process is drawn out and seems very fickle. Although there seems to be a criteria, it is not being applied equally it seems. Make every transfer sit a year, no exceptions, or don't. That way coaches can plan their team accordingly. But the picking and choosing is getting old, especially since the NCAA is very inefficient and takes months on months to make a decision.

Back