• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 25: @UVA - Saturday Noon - ESPN2

Like him or hate him, Cam’s bad at writing…especially for a “journalist”. I used to subscribe to that site (for years) until I just couldn’t stand his writing and communication style any longer (in combination with Les just being a mouthpiece for the Athletic Department).
Yeah I’m tired of Cam and Les down talking people who PAY for the site.

Steve post game said Cam not supposed to have ball. Was supposed to be Hunter’s

Cam’s play was brain-dead, but you aren’t using critical thinking skills whatsoever if you are choosing to blame that loss solely on the fact that we didn’t win the game when we got the ball down 2 with 7 seconds left.

Hunter wasn’t aggressive enough today. Carr didn’t utilize his size advantage at all. Cam and Boopie were out of control early and often. The only player that I think played well throughout was Efton.

The problem is that now we do have to win at least 2 of VT, Clemson, Duke and probably can’t lose any of the others.

Even if those three are higher probability for wins compared to the two we just played, you’ve now put yourself in a situation where you have no more room for error. Which is scary and a problem.
I think it comes down to this (absent the ACC Tournament):
  • If we beat Duke, we can afford to lose the Clemson game and maybe absorb another loss because our metrics are good.
  • If we lose to Duke, we will have to win out.
Anything else will have us looking like a "last 4 in/ first 4 out" type of team. So, we might get in depending on what others do, but our resume is SORELY lacking significant wins. And there will be NOTHING decent (don't say VaTech) away from the Joel. Those types of teams are punished by the committee year after year.

I mean, it's hard to win on the road
when you keep shooting twenty five percent from the perimeter. Especially hard at virginia because they can foul you at will driving and never get called.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

If that play is constantly practiced then Cam is a selfish asshole for not taking the ball out and Sallis is a pussy for not yelling at him to do it.

My gut (which is often wrong) tells me we’d be a better basketball team if you flipped Cam and Parker’s minutes played over the last 10 games or so. And/or split the difference with Monsanto. He’s a head down driver who has trouble finishing, can no longer shoot, and has limited court vision/passing ability.

We just don't really need Cam and Boopie both out there doing what they do (get to the basket, absorb contact, and try to finish at the rim) for the combined time they're out there

Forbes just said Cam did the opposite of what we practice on the last play
I’m glad to hear him say it. Cam really needs to adjust his attitude. He has a kid who’s potentially a lottery pick next to him and he thinks he’s the one who should shoot with a broken wrist. Someone needs to inform him of his talent level. This isn’t England.

My gut (which is often wrong) tells me we’d be a better basketball team if you flipped Cam and Parker’s minutes played over the last 10 games or so. And/or split the difference with Monsanto. He’s a head down driver who has trouble finishing, can no longer shoot, and has limited court vision/passing ability.

unfortunately monsanto can’t really defend on the wing post-injury, so even if you play sallis and pfred you need either cam or boopie in there.

it’s a bummer canka, clark or ituka can’t be a basic 3 and D wing who just spaces the floor on offense and plays hard.

Parker isn’t nearly aggressive enough on offense for that. He can’t create his own shot at all, and our offensive style requires that.

Back