• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: ACCT Time -- #13 BC v. #5 WF: Wednesday - 2:30 pm - ESPN

A little quick maybe on that big extension. Would have liked to have seen at least one ACC tournament win and maybe 1 traditional recruiting class that was substantial. But it has been a great regular season compared to the last 10

If you don't extend then another program poaches, then what? He proved in 2 seasons you could win again at WF. We hadn't seen any proof of that since Dino, and that felt like false gold given the tragic situation where he had to coach.

At the very least you give yourself a significant buyout for some protection.

Tentative and Tight. All you need to describe our effort today.

The only thing about this is typical Wake is our blaming the refs for our incredibly bad performance.

Last edited:
On the bright side we don't get to lose to the hurricanes three times. :dumb:

COY and POY couldn't show up and get it done against BC ? Seriously ? I'm excited for the turnaround we had this season, but it should be obvious we aren't nearly as good as a lot of people on this board thought. Our 23 wins were a beauty contest until the game was on the line. When we beat UNC they were in the tank. We beat a struggling VT. When we beat UVA they were struggling. We couldn't beat Duke. We got blown out at Syracuse. We couldn't beat Miami. Our season was built around games we should have won. The loss at Clemson was a warning shot. We don't really deserve an NCAA bid. We need to show we can play our way in. It will ruin our season to go out in the first round of any tournament we get into.

For the ACCT pregame: no more expensive restaurants and pep talks from ridiculously rich alums. Also, no one should GAF about the ACC scoring title. It's meaningless.

Eat hotel food; listen to your coach and teammates be humble, be hungry, and be ready. WF beat up on a couple of teams that quit to close the season, and got fat and happy soaking in the accolades.

Agree about staying hungry. Seems like everyone got full of themselves. Eating at Peter Luger getting a speech from a multimillionaire is the opposite of the workmanlike attitude this program needs.

Problem is we don't. Bilas was laughing at us all day.

Yeah. Any respect Forbes and this program gained was lost today.

The fallacy in this line of thinking is that we ever had any sort of glory. A few conference championships and a final four don’t make us a great program.

Yep. Some good regular seasons. Some all-time great individual players and performances. But few achievements. Some ACC Championship and a Final Four so long ago it was before the campus was even integrated.

Like I said great regular season, but come tournament time absolutely nothing has changed. If he leaves after being 0-2 in the tournament, then he leaves.

COY and POY couldn't show up and get it done against BC ? Seriously ? I'm excited for the turnaround we had this season, but it should be obvious we aren't nearly as good as a lot of people on this board thought. Our 23 wins were a beauty contest until the game was on the line. When we beat UNC they were in the tank. We beat a struggling VT. When we beat UVA they were struggling. We couldn't beat Duke. We got blown out at Syracuse. We couldn't beat Miami. Our season was built around games we should have won. The loss at Clemson was a warning shot. We don't really deserve an NCAA bid. We need to show we can play our way in. It will ruin our season to go out in the first round of any tournament we get into.
I agree with a lot of us. Something about this team felt like we were really good at beating the ever loving you know what out of sh*tty teams at their nadir, but when push came to shove we were meh city.

i'm actually shocked. not that much but shocked. i joked the coy and poy wouldn't make the tournament but was worried inside. and it happened

If you don't extend then another program poaches, then what? He proved in 2 seasons you could win again in the regular season at WF. We hadn't seen any proof of that since Dino, and that felt like false gold given the tragic situation where he had to coach.

At the very least you give yourself a significant buyout for some protection.

FIFY

FWIW, WF didn't have the biggest choke of the day. Arizona State was up 69-55 on Stanford with 2:45 left and lost 71-70. 16-1 run to end the game in less than 3 minutes.

Forbes did not have the team ready for that game, they looked indecisive, sloppy, and not locked in from the tip. Alondes laid yet another dud highlighted by disgusting body language, terrible leadership. An incredibly disappointing game from the ACC COY, and POY.

We hadn't played many complete games down the stretch. Outside of Louisville at home, we only had sporadic moments of good play @Duke, Miami, State, FSU, @State... etc. Maybe that should have been a bigger danger sign, along with the @Clemson turd.

Just sucks in one of the biggest games we look flat, again, to start. I don't understand that and wish someone would ask Forbes about it. It was a pretty consistent issue the latter half of the conference season for almost every game.

Williams cramping, wtf? We hadn't seen that all year. Mucius a lottt of bench time in the second half. Sy never got healthy.

Forbes did not have the team ready for that game, they looked indecisive, sloppy, and not locked in from the tip. Alondes laid yet another dud highlighted by disgusting body language, terrible leadership. An incredibly disappointing game from the ACC COY, and POY.

"Disgusting body language"

Ok.

How could anyone not see this coming? I mean, it's the ACC tournament at which we historically suck!

Forbes said on Monday they had a terrible practice and knew that would change Tuesday. Obviously carried over into today.

you literally only have to beat a team that was 12-19 to get into ncaa tournament and you blow a 10 point lead with under six minutes to go. holy hell shit fire

Back