• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB: William & Mary @ WF -- 7pm ACC Network+ ESPN+

at 76-59, if McCray had missed both, that could have been...interesting for the degenerates out there.

76-59 plus a meaningless 3 is...

Well, the best thing I can say about that 2nd half is that Forbes should still have plenty to do in practice ahead of Friday’s game.

Bright side: Probably get another favorable line for the game on Friday night.

Killa Cam is the man.

Alondes and LaRavia will take us a ways this year.

It's nice not having to rely on Williamson to score 25 to win.

Go Deacs fuck yeah!

I’m so happy both for this team and for the degenerates! A solid night for all

Takeaways:

- the team has talent and athleticism. The first half showed that
- Disappointed with the second half. Looking at this game in three weeks I think we will see it as a bad performance
- Very poor attendance. Hope Friday is significantly better
- Carter needs to slow it down and take care of the ball. Great passer but too much dribbling
- Isaiah isn’t quite at the level of our new impact players. Needs to stop forcing it on both ends.
- Alondes is a microwave and will win us a game or two
- We need to cut off back doors and easy entry passes. W&M got easy looks whenever they wanted in the second half

Carter Whitt leads in team in rebounding…I like guards who rebound but that is troublesome if a trend

Carter Whitt leads in team in rebounding…I like guards who rebound but that is troublesome if a trend

Having bigs like Dallas that hang on the perimeter frustrates me. I’m all for stretching the floor but I’d rather he spend most of his time on the block and only flashes to the perimeter when there’s space to fill. Being 7 feet tall means nothing for rebounding when you’re not in a good position to fight for a board down low.

Takeaways:

- the team has talent and athleticism. The first half showed that
- Disappointed with the second half. Looking at this game in three weeks I think we will see it as a bad performance
- Very poor attendance. Hope Friday is significantly better
- Carter needs to slow it down and take care of the ball. Great passer but too much dribbling
- Isaiah isn’t quite at the level of our new impact players. Needs to stop forcing it on both ends.
- Alondes is a microwave and will win us a game or two
- We need to cut off back doors and easy entry passes. W&M got easy looks whenever they wanted in the second half

Official attendance was 3,710.

I'm kinda shocked by that ... should I not be?

Official attendance was 3,710.

I'm kinda shocked by that ... should I not be?

We don’t have very many fans after the last decade, attendance is down across all sports and especially in college, and the fans we do have are mostly focused on football this year. I think those factors are a lot of it. Didn’t even see Kenny Herbst there which is a shocker. Didn’t make the WSSU game but the pictures make it seem like the crowd was about the same. We have a core fanbase of 4,000ish fans across both major sports and that’s about it. Need to both win and also downsize the Joel. A few years of a winning Deac team would have probably 5,000 in the seats tonight and an official attendance of 7,500 instead of about 1,500 fans and an announced 3k like tonight.

Forbes lost half his gut!

Took my daughter on a tour of Wake in July and saw him finishing a run. My first thought was glad he was working on getting in better shape, my second was what happened to Skip.

Hope to be wrong, but the Alondes Williams commit seems like a nothing burger. He's a below average defender, and not an offensive factor at all in his two years at Oklahoma. Seems like a Jalen Johnson that doesn't shoot as well. Trying not to overrate Hildreth or McCray, but I'm not jazzed about Williams taking minutes from those guys, unless next year's WF team is competing for an NCAA bid, and Williams is playing materially beneficial role. Hard to see that happening.

I think you are a nothing burger.

I look at it more as a low risk, high reward pickup. Underwhelming at OK in terms of shooting, but still gave them almost 20mpg. I think he's a scorer first, which should be helpful with the loss of Dubose. He also has size and athleticism. If he can figure out how to shoot again (he shot the 3 well in high school and in juco), he could be a solid rotation guy on a VERY young team. He's also been on winning teams.

Worst case, he seems like a guy that can compete hard for minutes in practice, providing some experience and making everyone a little bit better.

First round goes to ATS

Back