• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McDonald's All-American Game (NWT)

qcdeac

Le tits now
Reaction score
Remember when we used to care about this game? Didn't even realize it was last night until looking on ESPN.com a few minutes ago.

Co-MVPs were Duke recruit Okafor and unc-ch recruit Justin Jackson. Duke and Carolina each have 2 more A-A.

Great.

If Manning is our guy, I really hope he says something about hating Duke/unc, or at the very least looking forward to competing with and beating them.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-jahlil-okafor-emmanuel-mudiay-justin-jackson

Last edited:
eric williams used to wear his warm-ups from this game all the time around campus

It's not just UNC and Duke. There are only 6 or 7 schools in play for burger boys right now and the rest of the country is just fighting for scraps. Whoever our coach is needs to lock down some of the elite talent that comes out of the Triad every year. When is the last time we got a recruit from Greensboro or Winston that wasnt a 3 star?

It's not just UNC and Duke. There are only 6 or 7 schools in play for burger boys right now and the rest of the country is just fighting for scraps. Whoever our coach is needs to lock down some of the elite talent that comes out of the Triad every year. When is the last time we got a recruit from Greensboro or Winston that wasnt a 3 star?

by my count, the amount of schools represented was twice that (13) with one undecided

Kansas (2)
Indiana
UNC (3)
Duke (4)
UCLA (2)
Ohio State
Kentucky (4)
Maryland
Seton Hall
Arizona
SMU
Stanford
UNLV
Undecided

Of the last 5 year's worth of McD AA, what percentage do you think went to one of these schools: UNC, Duke, UK, KU, UCLA, Arizona, or Syracuse?

Of the last 5 year's worth of McD AA, what percentage do you think went to one of these schools: UNC, Duke, UK, KU, UCLA, Arizona, or Syracuse?

what's your point? You made it sound like only 6 or 7 schools get All-Americans these days, when it was twice that during this year and during that 5-year time period that you specified probably 15-20 schools other than the seven you named got All-Americans.

what's your point? You made it sound like only 6 or 7 schools get All-Americans these days, when it was twice that during this year and during that 5-year time period that you specified probably 15-20 schools other than the seven you named got All-Americans.

You're arguing semantics when you could just do math. 5 or 6 recruits for the other 345 division 1 schools, every year.

damn All-Americans snubbing High Point and HBCUs

damn All-Americans snubbing High Point and HBCUs

You can be a smart ass all you want, I'm still right. In the last 5 games there have been a total of 5 non-UNC/Duke ACC McD recruits. 4 of them went to State. In that same time period UNC/Duke have had 23 McD AA recruits.

That Duke team is going to be scary good next year. Especially if Parker returns, and/or Myles Turner decides to come to Durham.

I don't care about Burger boys as much as pulling up any top 100 list any given year and not seeing Wake Forest next to at least 1 to 3 recruits names. If you can crack the top 20 every other year then we are back in business. I don't ever want to see us go out recruit an entire team like we did in 2012. As long as were back to where we were prior to BZ, then for every gary clark we whiff on, we can hit on a jeff teague.

It's gonna take some magic before were even in the discussion for a burger boy, specifically, all our stars aline, Manning is what Wellman and Kansas folks are selling, he develops something out of Washington and Green (Haas would have been nice as well) and all this "foundation" puts us in play for a sweet sixteen tourney next year…..If you've watched this team you can understand how silly that sounds. Nonetheless, that's the only way I see us in play for the likes of Ingram and Harry Giles.

You're arguing semantics when you could just do math. 5 or 6 recruits for the other 345 division 1 schools, every year.

Are you saying over 75% of McD AA over the last 5 years went to those schools? My guess would have been around 50%.

Hopefully we aren't as far away as we think. Shelton was borderline before the Bz stink and his injury caused him to plummet.

Friday, January 4, 2013
Shelton Mitchell to Wake Forest

By Dave Telep
ESPN RecruitingNation

Wake Forest has landed its point guard of the future. Shelton Mitchell (Waxhaw, N.C./Cuthbertson), ranked No. 20 overall in the Class of 2014, made an early decision to commit to Jeff [name redacted]'s Demon Deacons on Friday.

You can be a smart ass all you want, I'm still right. In the last 5 games there have been a total of 5 non-UNC/Duke ACC McD recruits. 4 of them went to State. In that same time period UNC/Duke have had 23 McD AA recruits.

the rest of the ACC has also sucked a lot during that time period. why would a recruit want to go there?

Back