• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mexico - should I rent a car?

Carry a "bribe wallet" that you can pull out when you get pulled over. 30 bucks in pesos. "Lo siento, senor. No tengo mas."
Excellent idea. My son and I got stopped outside of Puerto Vallarta for driving too fast over speed bumps. The "policeman" said he would have to take us to Guadalajara. We asked how much it would be to take care of the ticket without going to Guadalajara and he asked how much we had. We ended up giving him about 20 or 30 bucks in pesos. That will be my last trip to Mexico.

PM me If you get arrested, kidnapped or killed though. I have some contacts you will need

Rubbins? What do you need?

1349724847_1349689580_3_zalozhnica-2__taken-2_2012.jpg

Excellent idea. My son and I got stopped outside of Puerto Vallarta for driving too fast over speed bumps. The "policeman" said he would have to take us to Guadalajara. We asked how much it would be to take care of the ticket without going to Guadalajara and he asked how much we had. We ended up giving him about 20 or 30 bucks in pesos. That will be my last trip to Mexico.

really? because of that?

really? because of that?

I don't blame him. There are lots of places in the world you can go that have beaches and oceans and ruins and tequila where you don't have to deal with petty extortion.

I don't blame him. There are lots of places in the world you can go that have beaches and oceans and ruins and tequila where you don't have to deal with petty extortion.

sure, but don't speed?

Back