• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Military Bowl Roll Call + Logistics & Tailgating Thread

ReplacementDeac

Reaction score
Leave the other one for talkin football.

Bowl is organizing shuttles from DC for $25 roundtrip.

WAKE FOREST EVENTS

Official Wake Forest “Kick-Off” Party
Gather with fellow Wake Forest fans in Washington, D.C. for this signature event. Ticket includes light hors d’oeuvres and two drink tickets (cash bar available). More details below. Click here to purchase tickets.

City Tap House
901 9th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
December 26, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
$30 per person (children 12 and under are free)

Military Bowl Parade
Come join fans along the brick streets of downtown Annapolis and be there to cheer on Medal of Honor recipients, the Spirit of the Old Gold & Black, the Demon Deacon and many more as they make their way to Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium! Parade begins at 10:30 a.m. and is open to all fans. Click here for more information regarding the parade route.

Official Wake Forest “Pre-Game” Tailgate Party
Wake Foresters can purchase a tailgate ticket for $40 ($15 for children 12 and under). The tailgate party is conveniently located right near the stadium and will include BBQ chicken, pulled pork, beef brisket, assorted sides, cookies/brownies, tea, lemonade and two drink tickets for beer or wine. Cash bar will also be available. Click here to purchase tickets.

Last edited:
Night before festivities? "Pep rally"? Tailgate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

updated OP. these events seem like kind of a ripoff, seems like the AD should be happy breaking even, but these suggest otherwise.

"Wake Foresters" is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Was that a thing back in the day?

BSD is having a tailgate before the game. Will update with location once we get everything figured out. BYOB-- but we will have cornhole, tables for games, and fanfare all around + a few tents to block the cold...we will fight sobriety as usual.

All are welcome.

Staying in DC the night before and at the Wake hotel gameday. Our crew will be there in tow with the group that normally tailgates with us in the blue lot. We got a pass in the Wake Forest lot and will probably be set up there in time for breakfast.

Doing a seafood pot with lots of Old Bay and as always will be joined by the good Captain. Will also do table games and corn hole. Looking forward to my first WFU bowl game, should be a good time.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Thanks Hatch.

It really does bother me. The justification I got once was that only student athletes are "Demon Deacons" needed a phrase to describe alums, students, fans, etc. I told them that was not only untrue, but the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Other schools aren't having this dilemma.

You priced drinks in DC?

i live in dc. there's no way it costs $40 to staff and resource that tailgate w only 2 drinks included. maybe reserving the spot is insanely expensive and they are being super conservative with their attendance assumptions but even that seems crazy. i guess we'll find out when we see how the cash bar is priced.

See Temple has moved up to a 14 point favorite-- their coach leaving moved the line from 12.5 to 14. Strange

It really does bother me. The justification I got once was that only student athletes are "Demon Deacons" needed a phrase to describe alums, students, fans, etc. I told them that was not only untrue, but the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Other schools aren't having this dilemma.

It is stupid. And the rationale is completely illogical

i live in dc. there's no way it costs $40 to staff and resource that tailgate w only 2 drinks included. maybe reserving the spot is insanely expensive and they are being super conservative with their attendance assumptions but even that seems crazy. i guess we'll find out when we see how the cash bar is priced.

Wake events are overpriced. Always have been. Always will be. If you can't afford it, it's not meant for you.

No going but it seems like an OGBoards tailgate is a no-brainer.

Lol at complaining about a $40 tailgate that includes 2 beers. WTF.

Back