• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miss St. FB Penalties..Wake related

Grobe is now 4-1 in bowl games. Cheating is about the only way to beat a Jim Grobe coached team in a bowl game! :thumbsup:

A forfeit just changes their W to an L. It doesn't change our L to a W, or so I recall reading about past NCAA punishments.

Not debating this as I have no idea. However, what happens to the bowl trophy? It doesn't seem fair for it to reside with Miss. State. I can understand it not coming to Wake.

Anyone know?

I'll take the forfeit and call it a "W". Those damn cowbells made for a miserable night. Actually fun being in Nashville.

I figured the way that Givens had short armed those passes would ruin him in the NFL eyes, shows how much I know.

I figured the way that Givens had short armed those passes would ruin him in the NFL eyes, shows how much I know.

St. Louis Rams second-year WR Chris Givens
is looking for a wider role in the offense this year. He was mainly a '9' route guy last year and was the team's primary deep threat. QB Sam Bradford
has certainly noticed a difference. “I expect Chris to have a great year. He works extremely hard,’’ Bradford said. “Where last year he primarily played the ‘Z’ for us, now he’s also being asked to play inside. He’s being asked to go backside and play ‘X’. He’s a really, really smart football player; he understands our offense and I think by moving him to different spots in our offense, he’ll be able to run more routes.
Givens could be a key piece in the revamped Rams passing game. We like his deep speed and ball tracking ability. With rookie Tavon Austin (West Virginia) making plays underneath it should lead to plenty of single coverage for Givens to take advantage of. Givens has added muscle this offseason and appears ready to handle a full season's workload.

Grobe should have a statue right beside the Deacon. He's just a winner in the postseason!

Not debating this as I have no idea. However, what happens to the bowl trophy? It doesn't seem fair for it to reside with Miss. State. I can understand it not coming to Wake.

Anyone know?

Its probably with Reggie Bush's Heisman.

Nope, no forfeit of any game. I checked everwhere and nada. But did find here... Mississippi State escaped a bowl ban and didn’t have to forfeit games or suspend any coaches.

I got a 2011 Music City Bowl hat from the Deacon Shop for about $7 after this game. Now I can wear it proudly.

A forfeit just changes their W to an L. It doesn't change our L to a W, or so I recall reading about past NCAA punishments.

I realize this was a troll by mba but for what it's worth, had it been true, Wake Forest would get the win by a score of 1-0.

Back