• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MLB Futures Game Thread

bernbp5

Reaction score
Should be a great game with all the top prospects. I am anxious to see Machado and Schoop, but also want to see Harper and the velocities of the pitchers. Someone will hit 100 mph.

Harper takes a called third strike in his first ab

Great play by Liddy at 3B from the Mariners.

Shelby Miller pitching. One of the top prospects. Should be interesting.

Paxton pitching, who the NCAA really screwed his senior (Junior) year at Kentucky.

Great inning by Paxton. Now Moore is pitching, who could be better than all the Rays pitchers except Price.

Moore hits 100! Followed by an insane slider for the K.

Machado made a great play in the hole. That is encouraging too see. Was a little worried he might have to move off SS.

Can't be emphasized enough. Of all the objectionable things the NCAA does, its despicable (and unconstitutional) "no agent" rule for college baseball prospects is probably the worst.

I think the team who drafted him screwed him as well. I think they said agent in an interview instead of adviser, so the NCAA went after him. Also, players should have access to agents if they are negotiating contracts for millions of dollars. Courts said they couldn't interfere in Andy Oliver's case, but the NCAA appealed, and then bought off Oliver so the case was vacated. That made me angry that they could vacate that case by paying off a player.

Last edited:
Machado made a great play in the hole. That is encouraging too see. Was a little worried he might have to move off SS.

One play has relieved your worries?

There are real concerns that he will no be a MLB level SS. I would bet he he ends up at 3rd...especially as he gets bigger (and slower).

That was Matt Moore but he looked good.

jimcallisBA Jim Callis
by WFUBishop
Cosart most impressive of U.S. pitchers. FB all 96-97, got strikeouts w/curveball and change. #Phillies #FuturesGame

jimcallisBA Jim Callis
You guys are right. Shouldn't have said Cosart was more impressive than Moore. Told you was bad at multitasking #FuturesGame #Phillies #Rays

So yes you are right BUT Cosart is a top pitching prospect contrary to many people's beliefs on here.

SmallSampleSize is BY FAR my far my favorite parody of all time.

Back