• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Month Out: Presidential Election Predictions

I'm not the one who recently phrased a criticism of democrats as "unable to convince the masses" when more people voted for the democratic candidate.

There are plenty of criticisms out there but this doesn't strike me a particularly intelligent one especially since it's an easy fix to tailor it to what the real criticism is: inability to coalesce groups of rural and geographically diverse populations.

The phrase was "dumb masses". I thought all of those were in rural America, home of the GOP.

that's a terrible analogy.

No it isn't. It's dead-on. You seem to be of the opinion that you should be able to get one 13% group of voters to vote in lock-step and overrule the other 87% of the voters. That's a tyranny of the minority.....and with all the completely ridiculous PC bullshit in the country today which is intimidating more & more people, that is getting closer & closer to what we have.

What if you play one game and win by three points overall but you lose because the second and third quarter count slightly more than the first and fourth quarter?

Didn't bz win the first half of a couple of secret scrimmages?

Except black votes don't count as much as white votes. You'll learn that on your 45th birthday, then you'll understand.

Let's not forget that a rubeful Wyoming vote counts 4 times as much as commie California vote in the EC. Which makes a lot of sense and isn't a total sham!

No it isn't. It's dead-on. You seem to be of the opinion that you should be able to get one 13% group of voters to vote in lock-step and overrule the other 87% of the voters. That's a tyranny of the minority.....and with all the completely ridiculous PC bullshit in the country today which is intimidating more & more people, that is getting closer & closer to what we have.

Hillary received more votes than Donald period. That's not a "tyranny of the minority." Seems odd to reduce the vote to "13% of one group" when Hillary literally won 48.2% of the vote and Donald won 46.1%.

Lol, you are so bad at math. I guess they didn't teach common core in the 1920's.

Let's not forget that a rubeful Wyoming vote counts 4 times as much as commie California vote in the EC. Which makes a lot of sense and isn't a total sham!

A lot more blacks in CA than WY, except the James Johnson family.

Last edited:
Hillary received more votes than Donald period. That's not a "tyranny of the minority." Seems odd to reduce the vote to "13% of one group" when Hillary literally won 48.2% of the vote and Donald won 46.1%.

Yes but a lot of her votes were black votes.

BKF's last post is exactly why a lot of white people's heads will explode as white people's votes continue to dilute as the nation continues to diversify racially and ethnically.

it is indeed the tyranny of the minority when the guy who got fewer votes wins

The bottom line is that any argument BKF is going to put forward about the EC all comes back to his favoring geographic diversity in furtherance of his continued disdain for people of color - the "13%" if you will.

what percentage of montana residents (montanionians?) voted for Trump? i'm sure we should really consider that 'voting bloc's' disproportionate power they receive as legitimate representation.

The bottom line is that any argument BKF is going to put forward about the EC all comes back to his favoring geographic diversity in furtherance of his continued disdain for people of color - the "13%" if you will.

You seem to have forgotten that I voted for Obama.....twice. So, evidently, there must be other factors that have come into play here. If I was just a life-long dumb redneck racist, why the hell would I have ever voted for Obama twice?

Have you ever thought about that?

it is indeed the tyranny of the minority when the guy who got fewer votes wins

Dead Horse here, but Pubs got 3 million fewer votes for President and 7 million fewer votes for Senate and only about 1 million more votes in the House elections, yet they dominate both branches of government and got to install their own guy in the SCOTUS through a gross manipulation of the rules. But liberals are the ones forcing a tyranny of the minority on the other 87%.

You seem to have forgotten that I voted for Obama.....twice. So, evidently, there must be other factors that have come into play here. If I was just a life-long dumb redneck racist, why the hell would I have ever voted for Obama twice?

Have you ever thought about that?

I haven't given much thought to it because I just don't care but after a few seconds I've concluded that you're likely senile and became so sometime between your second vote for Obama in 2012 and your vote for Donald in 2016.

I'd chalk senility up as a disruptive factor.

what percentage of montana residents (montanionians?) voted for Trump? i'm sure we should really consider that 'voting bloc's' disproportionate power they receive as legitimate representation.

Voting based on land mass makes a helluva lot more sense than voting based on population.

Dead Horse here, but Pubs got 3 million fewer votes for President and 7 million fewer votes for Senate and only about 1 million more votes in the House elections, yet they dominate both branches of government and got to install their own guy in the SCOTUS through a gross manipulation of the rules. But liberals are the ones forcing a tyranny of the minority on the other 87%.

These issues will continue so long as we allow parties in power to draw the legislative districts (at both the state and federal level). Hell, in NC with the "new and improved" maps the GOP just has to win 46% of the statewide vote to hold the House while the Dems have to win 54%. That's absurd.

Back