• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most Hated College BBall Players (Last 30 Years) Tournament Bracket

DeaconSlim2.0

-------------------------
Reaction score
Grantland has a Most Hated players bracket up...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...ated-college-basketball-players-last-30-years

I find it funny that the 4 regions are 80's, 90's, 00's...and Duke

Don't see anyone but Laettner winning

grant_bracket_hatedplayersRd1.jpg

Last edited:
Battier-Laettner is a hell of a 2nd round matchup.

I also had no idea people hated Adam Morrison or Luke Walton.

The Duke region will eat itself alive. I don't know how Bryant Reeves didn't make the cut. I hated that guy.

Hell yes people hated Adam Morrison in college. He was the quintessential overrated crybaby.

They could have had a UNC bracket as well.

Author made a funny point in the article - that it seems like Duke is being picked on, but the final four definitely would have been all Dukies if they hadn't done it that way.

For me with this draw it'd be J.J. Redick and Tyler Hansbrough in the finals.

Paulus got screwed. He should at least be a #6 seed and be given a shot to take out Ferry. Honestly don't think Rivers deserved to make the tournament. You know Chris Collins is pissed he was left out.

Good thing for Simmons this isn't most egotistical sports writers.

The Duke bracket is funny.

No Luke Recker?

Totally should've put the "Two Lukes" from Oregon on the 2000s bracket.

That Noah/Hansblow game is going to be epic.

The 90s bracket is weak sauce. Jalen wins that easily.

I guess if he was ever relevant, Mahktar Ndiaye would be on there.

First of all there should be a UNC bracket or entire tournament.

I don't know why the following are "hated":

Billy Curley
Calbert Chaeney
Purvis Ellison
Eric Devendorf
Aaron Kraft

Paulus got screwed. He should at least be a #6 seed and be given a shot to take out Ferry. Honestly don't think Rivers deserved to make the tournament. You know Chris Collins is pissed he was left out.

I would have included Cherokee Parks over Rivers.

I want Eduardo Najera in there.

And where the fuck is Duhon?

First of all there should be a UNC bracket or entire tournament.

I don't know why the following are "hated":

Billy Curley
Calbert Chaeney
Purvis Ellison
Eric Devendorf
Aaron Kraft

I barely remember Aaron Kraft.

Did the writer live through the 1980s? How could you not have Meagher, Veal, Fothergill and Sheehey. Ask any UVA player from the mid 80s - Sheehey would have had all of their votes for most hated player.

As for the Dick bracket, I don't know how they left off Crissy Collins. My top 5 Dickies to hate would be Laettner and 4 guards - Redick, Hurley, Wojo & Collins. Hated The Duhon too, but that was because he was maybe the most overhyped player ever, not as much anything intrinsic to him personally.

Back