• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most Yards EVER in A Game

wsc8521s

Rusty Larue
Reaction score
Broke record of 632 set against the Heels in 1968.

Ninth-most points ever in a game, most since beating UVa 66-21 in 1975. Before that you have to go back to 1941!!!

Wolford. HANG IT

24 more yards than ND put up against us in their record-breaking performance last week. Just bananas.

And this after losing one of their prime offensive weapons for the rest of the season.

Broke record of 632 set against the Heels in 1968.

Ninth-most points ever in a game, most since beating UVa 66-21 in 1975. Before that you have to go back to 1941!!!

Wolford. HANG IT

I was a senior in 1968! But I don't remember the game . . . . :( Don't remember much from 1968. :tard:

The 734 yards of total offense broke the school record by over 100 yards, previously set in 1968 with 632 yards against North Carolina . It is fifth-highest single-game total in FBS this season. Three of the seven highest total offense performances in Wake Forest history have now come this season (734 at Syracuse [1st], 625 vs. Louisville [3rd] and 588 vs. Utah State [7th]).

And this after losing one of their prime offensive weapons for the rest of the season.

Also missing Byrd and Carney in run game. Colburn was lights out but would've been nice to spell him in short yardage w/ Carney and toss in a few sweeps to Arkeem.....

It’s pretty awesome that it was almost exactly a 50/50 split between rush and pass yards (371 and 363 respectively).

It’s funny to think how many of us(myself included)criticized Clawson for sticking with Wolford over Hinton. Maybe we should learn to trust the guy who gets paid a lot of money to make these kinds of decisions.

That shit was just amazing today. 2nd half was fantastic!

Wolford needs to be invited to NY

It’s funny to think how many of us(myself included)criticized Clawson for sticking with Wolford over Hinton. Maybe we should learn to trust the guy who gets paid a lot of money to make these kinds of decisions.

Sure. Still think Hinton could be very good in this offense. He's going to have so many weapons at his disposal next year.

A lot of calls for the firing of both Ruggerio and Tabacca as well...

I wonder what the NCAA record is for total offense over the span of 3 consecutive games? ~1,900 yards is an absurdly high amount.

The questions about Ruggerio were legitimate. He has changed his ways, started to trust Wolford and got aggressive in attacking defenses. All to his credit. We were very wrong to think he couldn't do it, right to question what we saw earlier this year. Whatever happened his transformation is undeniable and somewhat startling.

The questions about Ruggerio were legitimate. He has changed his ways, started to trust Wolford and got aggressive in attacking defenses. All to his credit. We were very wrong to think he couldn't do it, right to question what we saw earlier this year. Whatever happened his transformation is undeniable and somewhat startling.

So you just think he changed his entire offensive philosophy in the course of a month? Not that things like personnel, injuries, matchups, or gameplan might have limited our playbook or informed our strategy? Your point about trusting the offense to execute might be valid, but that's something that happens over time and with practice.

In other words, Ruggerio didn't read the boards and realize the error of his ways.

We went from setting up the pass with the run to vice versa.

WOW!! Quite remarkable and enough to make you pinch yourself cuz it seems so incredible. But the Deacs are absolutely rollin' on offense! Props to the players for playing with confidence and executing the game plan, which has become increasingly more diverse, unpredictable and varied. Great adjustments by the coaches at halftime and gotta hand it to them all for loosening the reins going into the final month of the season, especially after losing Dortch. But the Deacs are now torching D's with a plethora of weapons and I am duly impressed.

By the way, Serigne is going to make an NFL roster next year, and make some GM very, very happy with those sick mitts.

Back