• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moto Transferring

I would have been surprised if all of the players stayed with so much turnover. As I've stated many times in other threads it seems like every player who has spoken publicly or privately about it seems to have liked Bzdelik and his staff. Which is weird to me because we've all seen his lack of a personality, read / heard all of the Bzzz quotes sidestepping responsibility / placing blame on the team, and been a part of the basically universal Buzz out movement. So I was always surprised to see how many players were STILL on his side at the end / after the season. I'm hoping Manning and his assistants will work to develop a connection with his guys sooner rather than later. Definitely interested to hear more about Moto's reasons for the transfer directly from him.

It is apparent that the former coach had a much better relationship with the players than we thought or wanted to admit. Nonetheless, the fact that there have not been wholesale transfers (yet) says that the players want to win together. At least I hope that is what it means.

It is apparent that the former coach had a much better relationship with the players than we thought or wanted to admit. Nonetheless, the fact that there have not been wholesale transfers (yet) says that the players want to win together. At least I hope that is what it means.

It is?

I don't know. The quotes seem reasonable. Basically nothing personal, this is why they have transfers. Better for the kid better for the program. I am not surealla what anyone would take issue with in fitz's statement.

So after 2-3 weeks all there is to know about playong for Manning is known by Moto. Odd.

maybe it's battle? who knows. best of luck to the kid.

Moto views Bzzz as a father-figure. He didn't react well to the firing.

Depends on where he's transferring.

Anyone feel that Manning isn't going to waste time coddling Bz's boys? It's possible to read into this that Manning told him not to let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.
Moto told Manning Wednesday and Manning granted his release on Wednesday. Just something about Manning's demeanor and this quote that lead me to believe he's not going to beg average players to stay with the program.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/basketball/adala-moto-to-leave-wake-forest/article_3aa32d54-cb0e-11e3-8214-0017a43b2370.html

Danny Manning, named the Deacons’ head coach earlier this month, said Moto told him of his desire to leave Wednesday morning. Manning said he wished Moto well.
“He just got his release,” Manning said. “He didn’t say anything to me (about his plans) or anything. He just said, ‘This is what I feel I need to do. It’s best for my life.’
“I said, ‘Hey, I respect that.’ He’s a great kid. I’ve only been around him a little bit, but he’s a quality person from what I’ve seen.”

Anyone feel that Manning isn't going to waste time coddling Bz's boys? It's possible to read into this that Manning told him not to let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.
Moto told Manning Wednesday and Manning granted his release on Wednesday. Just something about Manning's demeanor and this quote that lead me to believe he's not going to beg average players to stay with the program.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/basketball/adala-moto-to-leave-wake-forest/article_3aa32d54-cb0e-11e3-8214-0017a43b2370.html

Danny Manning, named the Deacons’ head coach earlier this month, said Moto told him of his desire to leave Wednesday morning. Manning said he wished Moto well.
“He just got his release,” Manning said. “He didn’t say anything to me (about his plans) or anything. He just said, ‘This is what I feel I need to do. It’s best for my life.’
“I said, ‘Hey, I respect that.’ He’s a great kid. I’ve only been around him a little bit, but he’s a quality person from what I’ve seen.”

Why would he spend any time or energy trying to convince a player that he didn't recruit to stay where they don't want to be?

If Moto isnt looking to be the star he will have options far better than he had at Wake. I could totally see him coming off the bench in two years at a place like Florida

McKie wishes Bz took that approach.

Props to Manning here.

I love how at no point in this thread has the subject of people attaining a degree from wake forest been discussed

I love how at no point in this thread has the subject of people attaining a degree from wake forest been discussed

Why? We don't know where he's transferring. If he ends up playing for Amaker at Harvard, can anybody say he made a bad decision? But if he ends up at Henderson State, that's a head scratcher.

Because generally, Wake forest people either have currently or at some point took some great pride in their school being an elite academic institution. However, when people talk about "why would they stay under bzzz" or "I hope they leave so we can get better players" the entire concept of them being here to learn and basketball being ancillary is completely ignored. They're viewed as hired help.

I think we are all agreed that these guys are not really "student-athletes" They are unpaid entertainers who exist for our pleasure (the idea that they are earning a $60,000 a year education is a mute point since they are not expected to attend class). Who cares if they get a degree as long as we are entertained and pleased by the results! It would be much more honest to pay them $60,000 per year and treat them as representatives/employees of the university.

Because generally, Wake forest people either have currently or at some point took some great pride in their school being an elite academic institution. However, when people talk about "why would they stay under bzzz" or "I hope they leave so we can get better players" the entire concept of them being here to learn and basketball being ancillary is completely ignored. They're viewed as hired help.

Not really. It's not like student-athletes are the only Wake students to transfer out of Wake.

Back