• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mt Rushmore of Wake Forest Athletics

TheReff

Rod Griffin
Reaction score
Arnold Palmer

Tim Duncan

Jesse Haddock

Randolph Childress

Tim Duncan
Arnold Palmer
Jim Grobe
Bob McCreary

we had this thread like three weeks ago

53c33ce707e47.image.jpg
gwar01_bill_haas_rosaforte.jpg
1168200.jpg

Reactions: Ayo
Tim. Randolph . Arnie. Curtis . Haddock . Bones . Grobe. Peahead. Riley . Chappell. Davis. Paul . Proel. Rogers.

Five years ago, how many people would have named Ron Wellman to this list? During the recent College World Series a friend asked me who was the most famous player on Wake's championship team. I have no clue but that person likely deserves some consideration here.

Five years ago, how many people would have named Ron Wellman to this list? During the recent College World Series a friend asked me who was the most famous player on Wake's championship team. I have no clue but that person likely deserves some consideration here.
Billy Ray Barnes

His name sounds like he could be the protagonist is a Dan Jenkins novel. Did he go on to have a pro career?

Professional football. He was the first ACC player of the year. He won a n NFL championship with the Eagles, I think. I believe he played third base for the baseball team. The bar at Bridger Fieldhouse is named for him.

Last edited:
Billy Ray is a great guy too. He was all pro two or three times .

Don't know if this qualifies for Mt Rushmore, but Jack Bryant still holds (tied with others) the NCAA record for most doubles in the CWS championship game (3) and is tied (most notably with Barry Bonds and Robin Ventura) for the most (4) in a single CWS complete series.

Also, Charles Teague, 2b, Wake Forest was named most outstanding player in the 1949 CWS when Wake finished second (lost to Texas in championship game). That was also the last championship game not played in Omaha, NB.

Professional football. He was the first ACC player of the year. He won a n NFL championship with the Eagles, I think. I believe he played third base for the baseball team. The bar at Bridger Fieldhouse is named for him.

Not possible - the world did not exist before 1967.

Doesn't Jeff Dobbs deserve some consideration for Mt. Rushmore? Is he in the Wake HOF?

Ricky proehl needs to be on everyone's list
17 seasons in the nfl
4 Super Bowls and 2 wins

Back