• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW - Dan's Take on the Status of WF Hoops

I believe people who are paid for their opinion and heralded as experts should attempt to establish a track record of being correct. That's a major problem with talking heads in sports, politics, news, entertainment, etc.

He was just a beat writer until he started an opinion blog. He's a fine beat writer. Opinion blogger? Not so much.

Feel free to take the last word on this one, Slim.

He was just a beat writer until he started an opinion blog. He's a fine beat writer. Opinion blogger? Not so much.

Feel free to take the last word on this one, Slim.

Okay. You're still being petty and have a weird hang-up with Dan Collins that seems to stem from a PM conversation from three years ago. Which, you know. Is petty.

Last word.

I thought the blog was as much for bringing stuff that he couldn't bring in the Journal (usually more detailed content), as well as his own opinion.

Collins can be Bzzout and a condescending jerk at the same time. Criticizing [Redacted] & Wellman right now isn't exactly bleeding edge.

Collins can be Bzzout and a condescending jerk at the same time. Criticizing [Redacted] & Wellman right now isn't exactly bleeding edge.

Nope. Not possible.

But you wouldn't even understand how that could not be possible, could you? You fucking dumbass. You're stupid. #buzzOUT!

The fan base is pretty much united now and want Buzz gone. Although I happened to be right sooner than most, we all got to the same location at some point. Get [Redacted] away from our program so that we can start to rebuild.

Hyping ourselves up for calling it early does no good at this point. At least, IMO.

Sincerely,

"I'm not going to make excuses...Tuesday is their toughest day academically."

I don't give a shit that I was right earlier that others at this point. It doesn't matter. Let's just do what it takes to speed up the process of him being gone ASAP.

I don't give a shit that I was right earlier that others at this point. It doesn't matter. Let's just do what it takes to speed up the process of him being gone ASAP.

Just busting your chops. You guys were out front on this one. Tip of my feather-adorned fedora to you.

My take on Dan. I've met Dan Collins multiple times in my job as a Student Assistant in the Wake SID. Not my favorite person but he's a good beat writer, but he is just that, a beat writer. He's job historically has not been to opine on Wake...it has been to cover stories. I think he's in a tough spot. The beat writer is often an extension of the team in that you HAVE to have a great relationship with people in order to get access and stories. He now has to provide opinions while being respectful in his criticism, which most blogs that focus on opinions are strictly biting criticism.

I think Dan is doing a decent job

My take on Dan. I've met Dan Collins multiple times in my job as a Student Assistant in the Wake SID. Not my favorite person but he's a good beat writer, but he is just that, a beat writer. He's job historically has not been to opine on Wake...it has been to cover stories. I think he's in a tough spot. The beat writer is often an extension of the team in that you HAVE to have a great relationship with people in order to get access and stories. He now has to provide opinions while being respectful in his criticism, which most blogs that focus on opinions are strictly biting criticism.

I think Dan is doing a decent job

Thank you.

Back