• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My pleasure

timthedeac

Reaction score
If you say this and aren't a chick-fil-a employee, I want to murder you.

It bothers me when Chick-Fil-A employees say it, too.

When asked "How are you?" one of my co-workers always responds "All is well." I've stopped asking her.

If you say this and aren't a chick-fil-a employee, I want to murder you.

Still better than "no problem". When I placed my order and said "thank you", I didn't precede that by saying "if it's not a problem, would you please take my order?". Damn right it's not a problem; it's your job.

Oh, there's a fraction of a second where I want to kill them too, but they just handed me a spicy chicken sandwich so I get distracted

Still better than "no problem". When I placed my order and said "thank you", I didn't precede that by saying "if it's not a problem, would you please take my order?". Damn right it's not a problem; it's your job.

Wow, I almost included this one too but thought it might be too much hate from me in one thread. Waiters are the worst about this - well, even if it was a problem, that's why people are giving you money to do it

"Have a blessed day" and "Have a peaceful day" send me into miniature rages. Just say "have a nice day" and be done with it, it's just a pleasantry that no one actually cares about.

"Have a blessed day" and "Have a peaceful day" send me into miniature rages. Just say "have a nice day" and be done with it, it's just a pleasantry that no one actually cares about.

Well bless your heart.

OP has some hatred issues to come to terms with.

is it their pleasure, though? is my action firing off the endorphins in their brain? pretty flattering if you think about it.

You realize there are certain chains and brands that force their employees to speak this way, especially in the service industry, right? If you go to a Landry's restaurant (McCormick & Schmick's, etc), you'll hear my pleasure from almost everyone.

See how many times you can get them to say it in one order. Fun game. I witnessed a guy get up to like 7 once. Pretty impressive.

It means the same damn thing. Are you 100 years old by chance?

o-HAPPY-FAMILY-570.jpg

Back