• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My rant to the WSJ . . .

Azdeac

Reaction score
The Wake Forest Way- my years at WFU taught me that ethics, accountability, credibility, and results help make up The Wake Forest Way. Let's look at how Ron Wellman is managing the Wake Forest basketball program.

Wellman fired Gaudio in 2010 citing "failure to win in the post season". He then hired a coach who has never succeeded in the post season and continues to fail miserably during the regular season.

In 2009 Wellman gave Gaudio an extension citing "success on and off the court". Now that WFU is losing, excuses are made about building a program "the right way". This is insulting to the memory of Skip Prosser as well as the work Gaudio and Wake's current assistants put into the program before [Redacted] was hired.

In Wellman's most recent interview with Dan Collins he mentions that [Redacted] has done nothing to embarrass the university. Cursing an opposing fan in Miami, blaming the players for losses, and acting like a hurt child during post game pressers and the radio show are all embarrassing to the Wake Forest family.

When will the Wake Forest community hold Wellman accountable for his hypocritical stances, excuses, and story changes while he continues to support the demise of this basketball program? Wellman has not upheld Wake Forest values. His double-speak is neither ethical nor credible and the results speak for themselves. Our basketball players and the Wake Forest family deserve better.

The Wake Forest Way- my years at WFU taught me that ethics, accountability, credibility, and results help make up The Wake Forest Way. Let's look at how Ron Wellman is managing the Wake Forest basketball program.

Wellman fired Gaudio in 2010 citing "failure to win in the post season". He then hired a coach who has never succeeded in the post season and continues to fail miserably during the regular season.

In 2009 Wellman gave Gaudio an extension citing "success on and off the court". Now that WFU is losing, excuses are made about building a program "the right way". This is insulting to the memory of Skip Prosser as well as the work Gaudio and Wake's current assistants put into the program before [Redacted] was hired.

In Wellman's most recent interview with Dan Collins he mentions that [Redacted] has done nothing to embarrass the university. Cursing an opposing fan in Miami, blaming the players for losses, and acting like a hurt child during post game pressers and the radio show are all embarrassing to the Wake Forest family.

When will the Wake Forest community hold Wellman accountable for his hypocritical stances, excuses, and story changes while he continues to support the demise of this basketball program? Wellman has not upheld Wake Forest values. His double-speak is neither ethical nor credible and the results speak for themselves. Our basketball players and the Wake Forest family deserve better.

Thank you!

Done nothing embarrassing?... then why is it that I am far more embarrassed now then I was before Bzasjhfak?

this needs to be posted many places.

Az can I post that on the WFU Sports facebook page? I can either give you credit or not based on your preference

images

Good job AZ!!!
Hey Hatch get your head out of your ass and listen to the people that fill your seats!!!!!

Just want to say (as somebody who has tried to only voice support for objective rants)... this is excellent.

Edit to add: AZ deserves a lot of pos-rep for this. Its perfect.

Last edited:
Nice try anyway.....news media folks sometimes don't like to hear the truth.....sad but true.

Post it on Wake Forest Sports facebook page...over and over and over til they block you.

(I'm serious.)

Back