• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Naming your children

When I selected my son's name, it had mulitple reasons to the one I selected. My name is "Danny" and I was named after my father. Growing up, I didn't like that I didn't have my own name - I was always "Little Danny". When it was time to name my son, I selected "Aidan" because it had "Dan" in the name so he still had a part of the family heritage in it but was still his own identity. Also, I used the traditional celtic spelling of "Aidan" and it means: little fire. The name suits him perfectly. Yes, there are now 2 other Aidans in his class and 1 does spell it the same way but it became an advantage because he very quickly learned his last name and the concept of a family name.

Also, I went with 2 middle names for him...

On the way to the hospital, I was going back and forth between "Deacon" and "Aidan". i just thought it sounded cool for his friends to say "Hey Dad, Im going to go hang out with Deac" When I grew up, my 2 sisters had unusual spellings of their names. We would always get excited to go to Disney or somewhere and go to get the name key chain or whatever and be so disappointed that they never had one for them. So I went with "Aidan" so we could always be able to find him stuff when he wanted it :)

Named my Youngest son "Tillman" after a combination of "Pat Tillman" and family name. He's even got the long hair to match.

Back