• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NASA's Curiosity Rover - Touchdown confirmed. 21-0 Duke

Yo TW, when are we gonna see alien dick pics from this thing?

:werd: can't believe that landing actually worked.

:werd: can't believe that landing actually worked.

The high-res video it took is going to be fucking amazing.

In the final few minutes, a high-definition camera will begin recording video. "It does eight frames per second, high-definition-quality video from the backshell coming off [all the way] to the ground," said project manager Pete Theisinger. "So it's a lot of data, it'll take a long time to get it back. But it should be a tremendous movie when it does."

These pics are amazing!

1000x800px-LL-bigfoot%20on%20Mars.jpg

images

Curiosity Rover ‏@MarsCuriosity
Eye in the Sky: MRO's @HiRISE camera caught this shot of me & my parachute during landing at Mars

631933556.jpg

Man, USA should get like infinity gold medals in the Olympics for this.

you would think for $2.5 billion they could get a dec camera.

Will it ever be taking pictures that aren't shitty?

you would think for $2.5 billion they could get a dec camera.

Those pictures are very low resolution, measured in 10s of kilobytes. Just a bone thrown to the public and the engineers to show that it's really there. We'll be getting high resolution stills and video in a few short days.

Lol. NBC needs a 6 hour tape delay to broadcast the Olympics from 3000 miles away. NASA needs 15 minutes to broadcast images from 150,000,000 miles away.

Lol. NBC needs a 6 hour tape delay to broadcast the Olympics from 3000 miles away. NASA needs 15 minutes to broadcast images from 150,000,000 miles away.

Yeah, but do they have Andrea Kremer interviewing the robot's mom?

There aren't any Rite Aids on Mars to process the pictures locally.

I need to add joke telling to the list of shit you think you are good at but totally suck at.

Back