• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

National Sports Czar

Winkathomelygirl

Reaction score
For a number of years, I have been advocating a national sports czar, with a lifetime appointment by the President, to whom the heads of all major sports organizations report and who would enjoy final arbitrary power over all sports controversies, including rule changes. I believe that there are enough interstate trade, health and welfare (including illegal drug use), gambling and taxes and antitrust concerns to justify this position. The only two people who come to mind with the intelligence, stature and reputation to handle this position are the fat band kid, Bill Clinton and Kenneth Feinberg. I eliminated candidates who would be good (Marv Levy, Sandra Day O'Connor) but are too old.

One of Bill Simmons' worst ideas of all time. And he's had some awful ones.

Joe Pa! The transition will help him save some dignity. Obama will get the popularity bump from the Dems for helping a brother out. He obviously knows football, legal requirements on mandatory reporting, etc. Plus he's pretty old so a lifetime appointment won't drag out in the rare chance he sucks. I see no downsides. Mark it dude!

that's one of the dumbest things i've ever read.

Joe Pa! The transition will help him save some dignity. Obama will get the popularity bump from the Dems for helping a brother out. He obviously knows football, legal requirements on mandatory reporting, etc. Plus he's pretty old so a lifetime appointment won't drag out in the rare chance he sucks. I see no downsides. Mark it dude!

Hahaha

Back