• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Thread

sorry for your loss, irish. the lakers/kings rivalry was fun.

spurs with the first seed and the worst possible matchups. they'll take care of memphis, but it won't be a cakewalk like the crappy hornets. the other gasol and randolph will be a handful for tim and crew inside.

then they have the thunder in all likelihood. ugh. thunder/lakers WCF is my prediction.

and just for you bmoney, fuck kobe

makes sense since he's a unc basketball fan too

I really think the Spurs are now going to bitch slap Memphis. I just don't see their strategy of sitting Randolph and Allen for 4 games working to their advantage.

The Spurs have to be riled up that Memphis essentially threw games in order to get the Spurs, who won over 60 games.

The key matchup will be Parker - Conley. Parker wins that handily and the Spurs could win in 4 or 5. And Timmy or Blair or McDyess have to wear down Randolph and frustrate him into taking his leaning jumpers.

Memphis will miss Gay a ton in this series, but the Grizz bench is pretty good right now. I expect there to be wild swings in three or four of these games - like one team goes up 15 points but loses the lead to a hot bench on the other side.

Spurs won a lot of games in the final 3 minutes this year and I think they win 3 of these games in similar fashion.

My upset pick is the Blazers over the Mavs in 6. Mavs get their worst possible matchup.

I hate that the Lakers will have to beat only the Hornets and potentially the Blazers to reach the conference finals. That is by far the easier rode than what the Spurs will have to do.

spurs with the first seed and the worst possible matchups. they'll take care of memphis, but it won't be a cakewalk like the crappy hornets. the other gasol and randolph will be a handful for tim and crew inside.

then they have the thunder in all likelihood. ugh. thunder/lakers WCF is my prediction.

and just for you bmoney, fuck kobe

I'm just glad OKC and Denver are playing each other in the first round - I don't think anyone else in the West wanted to have to go through both of those clubs on their way to the Finals.

My upset pick is the Blazers over the Mavs in 6. Mavs get their worst possible matchup.

I understand the Mavs deserve the criticism until they beat somebody, but I like their match up with Portland better than Memphis or Denver

Big Z on Darius Songaila in anticipation of the Heat-Sixers series:

Who does Zydrunas Ilgauskas know on the Philly roster? Forward and fellow Lithuanian Darius Songaila. But good luck trying to squeeze a family-friendly anecdote about him.

“I know him well,” Ilgauskas said. “None of the stories that I have are PG-13. We had some good times in Lithuania. He’s a great guy.”

Portland wanted to play the Mavs.

Along with the other 6 teams in the playoffs.

rush with the big 3. tyler looks took a big elbow.

wow.

i respect hansbrough for developing into an above-average nba player.

but, damn, he is such a fucking tool.

Yeah Hansbrough has basically gone on 2 mini-runs by himself in the 2nd half.

I don't understand why everyone doesn't love Joachim Noah. He never takes a play off. He does all the hard stuff like playing D, rebounding and running the court.

Sure he's a little goofy, but that makes it even better.

Back