• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

Playing in-state /ACC rivals is fun. Lots of anticipation for this one. I wish conferences would reorganize and play more of these games and dump 2 of the OC games.

Just got on Packer and Durham and asked them to compare Clawson and Doeren’s tenures in the ACC so far. They spent a good 5 minutes talking about each without really comparing them. They did all make sure to point out that Wake is by far the tougher job.

Another Saturday featuring a ranked Wake team playing at home off a bye as a 7 point favorite.

Feel like we need to bring pressure early and often against this cat. Hope to rattle him like Howell was for the first 3 quarters. My guess is his passing stats came against soft coverage while BC was smashing them.

My inner fusion doesn’t have a great feeling about this game for all of the typical Wake reasons (coming off bye, backup QB, heavy favorites, revenge, Louisville turd) but at the end of the day we need to beat the teams we’re supposed to beat. Just get the W.

feel like we don't blitz that much relative to other college teams, but don't have any numbers to back that up

Feel like we need to bring pressure early and often against this cat. Hope to rattle him like Howell was for the first 3 quarters. My guess is his passing stats came against soft coverage while BC was smashing them.

once the backup true frosh came in for Louisville that was what I was hoping we would do but we didn't so much as lay a finger on the guy

State has only forced five turnovers all year. So hopefully we can protect the ball and run the score
Up offensively.

We need to show out offensively, and I think we will. Other than Louisville, we haven't really racked up the points in ACC (and UNC) play. If we don't score at least 4 TDs, I'll be disappointed.

We need to show out offensively, and I think we will. Other than Louisville, we haven't really racked up the points in ACC (and UNC) play. If we don't score at least 4 TDs, I'll be disappointed.

If we lose i'll be disappointed. Don't really care how we win.

Two of state’s top corners are out for the season which should help. Who will guard Sage?

4 of States top 5 corners are out. We have moved a safety to start at once CB spot. Super young in the back end. Unlike the last few years, think you guys will kill us on the outside compared to the slot this year. Hoping that Leary is as good as I think he can be and keeps us in it.

4 of States top 5 corners are out. We have moved a safety to start at once CB spot. Super young in the back end. Unlike the last few years, think you guys will kill us on the outside compared to the slot this year. Hoping that Leary is as good as I think he can be and keeps us in it.

Don’t want to beat a dead horse but Sage and Scotty should absolutely feast outside. Even against healthy defenses teams haven’t found success in stopping them at all.

Don’t want to beat a dead horse but Sage and Scotty should absolutely feast outside. Even against healthy defenses teams haven’t found success in stopping them at all.

Wake should be looking for Louisville level offense without the special teams issues that kept Wake behind most of the game. Make sure State has 75 yards in front of them after each Wake TD.

Just got on Packer and Durham and asked them to compare Clawson and Doeren’s tenures in the ACC so far. They spent a good 5 minutes talking about each without really comparing them. They did all make sure to point out that Wake is by far the tougher job.

That is par for the course. Packer spends 15 minutes repeating the same nothing over and over and usually ends it with - 'we will see, that is why they play the games'. How can you be a sports talk show host, when your go to move is - i have no idea, let's just see what happens. Crazy.

And on a related note - who the hell picked the talent for the ACC network? Mark Richt, EJ Manuel, the former lineman from Clemson (?) and the Chris Collinsworth's kid are so freaking boring. That show is like watching paint dry. I don't want the finebaum nuthouse, but at least get someone who is entertaining / the obligatory hot chic.

My inner fusion doesn’t have a great feeling about this game for all of the typical Wake reasons (coming off bye, backup QB, heavy favorites, revenge, Louisville turd) but at the end of the day we need to beat the teams we’re supposed to beat. Just get the W.

And the atypical we just lost our best play on defense. My inner fusion is rumbling too...

Big week for the Pack. Bengals just announced Ryan Finley is starting over Andy Dalton. So a former Wake QB just elevated a former State QB.

That is par for the course. Packer spends 15 minutes repeating the same nothing over and over and usually ends it with - 'we will see, that is why they play the games'. How can you be a sports talk show host, when your go to move is - i have no idea, let's just see what happens. Crazy.

And on a related note - who the hell picked the talent for the ACC network? Mark Richt, EJ Manuel, the former lineman from Clemson (?) and the Chris Collinsworth's kid are so freaking boring. That show is like watching paint dry. I don't want the finebaum nuthouse, but at least get someone who is entertaining / the obligatory hot chic.

Completely agree. It's hard to believe they couldn't find better people with ACC ties. Hell, Richt barely has ACC ties.

Back