• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC Vacation

OrigScreaminDemon

Reaction score
So I have some frequent flier miles I need to use and ITKMom does as well. We were thinking we might fly to Greensboro and..........? Are there any lakes close to there? What's fun to do in NC these days?

We sit on our porch, eat good food and drink good wine. Essentially porch sitting and pool sitting. It is the way we train for tailgate season. We are 15 minutes from the airpoort.

Not NC, but Smith Mountain Lake is about two hours from Winston. We used to go for a week every summer. Now we have a cottage down there so we go for a couple of days at a time. I love it there and it's a pretty big lake.

So I have some frequent flier miles I need to use and ITKMom does as well. We were thinking we might fly to Greensboro and..........? Are there any lakes close to there? What's fun to do in NC these days?

You go to the beach or you go to the mountains. Same as always.

Any particular reason you would fly to Greensboro? Unless you have relatives there, I would suggest somewhere more interesting. Greensboro is a geographical oddity, 45 minutes from everywhere.

either outer banks or bald head island

Fly to Norfolk and hit the Outer Banks. Options per usual for NC are mountains or the beach. This time of year, obviously the beach. Around Nags Head is really nice and after the 4th most of the people around are owners so it will be a nice time if you go late July/Early August.

If you go to the mountains in July/August make sure you are staying at 3500' or higher. My boss went to his place in Banner Elk this past weekend and the A/C went out--he was too hot so he came back early (and his place is at 4200').

Back