• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

Don't know the details, and I could be wrong about this, but thought that the University of Illinois suspended Shannon from the team based on the allegations alone based on the school's no tolerance policy for sexual assualt allegations; at that point, as a senior with no eligibility left, Shannon was done as a college basketball player, and then, Shannon's attorneys filed a TRO against Illinois based on the argument that the Illinois suspension violated Shannon's due process (which is true as Shannon was suspended without the opportunity to defend himself). The Court agreed and ordered Illinois and Underwood to reinstate Shannon to the team. I guess that Underwood could have just benched him for the season, but it's inaccurate to claim that Illinois/Underwood ignored the allegations and played him anyway. They did suspend him for the season, but were ordered to re-instate him.

He certainly could have benched him for the season. He’s gonna take a plea deal on May 10. Just watch.

This sentence is just absolute nonsense:

“But having an engagement party at the same time as UConn/Illinois with the way Terrence Shannon Jr. playing is BOLD.”

Oh you mean these people didn’t reschedule their engagement party because of a game that was just scheduled last week??

Seems like a version of the old “complaint” about people scheduling weddings on college football Saturdays.

This sentence is just absolute nonsense:

“But having an engagement party at the same time as UConn/Illinois with the way Terrence Shannon Jr. playing is BOLD.”

Oh you mean these people didn’t reschedule their engagement party because of a game that was just scheduled last week??
We also have no idea where these people live or if they have literally any connection to UConn or Illinois basketball.

Remember when people used to make jokes about DJ Burns?

All I can say is that I hope our guys are watching this NC State run and seething at how this could be them.

I mean, the guys who are left anyway.

duke-state for a trip to the final four is going to be too much arousal for the #goacc cucks on here.

Remember when people used to make jokes about DJ Burns?

It would be fascinating to see how he might play if he lost 75 pounds given his obvious athletic ability and almost unreal ability to see the floor.

They really do look locked in.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
Locked in and bought in. I think it was Horne after one of their ACCT wins (UVa maybe) being interviewed and said the team mantra going into the ACCT was "why not us?" Definitely looks like they rallied together and are embracing the "We're going to go out and get it" mentality. Not sure I've ever seen a Wake MBB team act like that.

Locked in and bought in. I think it was Horne after one of their ACCT wins (UVa maybe) being interviewed and said the team mantra going into the ACCT was "why not us?" Definitely looks like they rallied together and are embracing the "We're going to go out and get it" mentality. Not sure I've ever seen a Wake MBB team act like that.

All because Boeheim ran his mouth.

Nope and that's what makes me ragey. Haven't seen a Wake team locked in and focused like this in a really long time

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Back