• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

I think that’s fair. I was mostly saying I think the ACC being strong gives the league the benefit of the doubt, which we would get if we didn’t keep completely fucking it all up.

It gives the two blue teams the benefit of the doubt with seeding. That’s it. That’s the list.

It gives the two blue teams the benefit of the doubt with seeding. That’s it. That’s the list.
I think we got the benefit of the doubt during the Collins year. Remember how pissed Boeheim was?

I think we got the benefit of the doubt during the Collins year. Remember how pissed Boeheim was?

I’m supposed to go all yay team! Because Danny manning got a contract extension and a trip to mother fucking, Dayton? What are we ever doing here?!?

So, the NCAAT is the greatest show on earth, dwarfing by far the CFP.

Tell me again why football rules the roost?!

I think that’s fair. I was mostly saying I think the ACC being strong gives the league the benefit of the doubt, which we would get if we didn’t keep completely fucking it all up.

The ncaa tournament doesn’t give the ACC the benefit of the doubt, we earn that by not losing to Western Carolina and Umass Lowell in the nonconference

I’m supposed to go all yay team! Because Danny manning got a contract extension and a trip to mother fucking, Dayton? What are we ever doing here?!?
Not at all my point and I get being pissed. I’m as pissed as anyone over this season. Point is that the ACC being good potentially gives us an edge to make the tourney. We’ve done everything to not take advantage of that. I continue to potentially be an idiot by hoping we will take advantage next year or the next or whatever.

This whole league is dying and everyone is blaming Wake as a reason why they don’t want to stay (smaller school getting the same revenue as them). They won’t think twice about leaving us behind. Fuck all of them

Not at all my point and I get being pissed. I’m as pissed as anyone over this season. Point is that the ACC being good potentially gives us an edge to make the tourney. We’ve done everything to not take advantage of that. I continue to potentially be an idiot by hoping we will take advantage next year or the next or whatever.

It really doesn’t. For good or ill, we are slaves to the metrics of the current season. The previous tournament matters not a god damn iota.

The ACC just needs to be a top 3 conference from top to bottom and this will take care of itself. Like we were in 18 of 21 years from 1999-2019. We got 9 and 7 bids in 2018 and 2019.

Since COVID, 5th at best (including tournament games). 7th last year was a low point. This year 5th, but at least in the ballpark of #4 (and maybe overtaking if teams continue advancing). Hopefully another step in the right direction next year. And if not, hopefully we win our own nonconference games and actually get a double bye.

This whole league is dying and everyone is blaming Wake as a reason why they don’t want to stay (smaller school getting the same revenue as them). They won’t think twice about leaving us behind. Fuck all of them
I actually don’t see the other NC schools saying that, but I realize I’m in a losing battle here and I’m not even sure what I’m battling about, so letting it go.

It’s better if the ACC sucks and we never get a bid? I’d rather stay in a relevant conference at the moment than have the Big 10 or SEC dominate the narrative as the best conference.
What does it matter? The ACC continues to be perceived as less than the others, and perception is reality. All that is accomplished by State going to the Sweet 16 is that OUR RIVAL STATE JUST MAKE A SWEET 16 I'm so done with this sport

I actually don’t see the other NC schools saying that, but I realize I’m in a losing battle here and I’m not even sure what I’m battling about, so letting it go.

The battle you’re losing is fuck state and all the other acc schools.

mh-rob-lowe-hat-tv-1579621862-1-1579714191.jpg

The #goacc fans right now.

Back