• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

the real question is can you be a major conference without football in 2024 and going forward

Don't see why not -- those BE programs invest pretty heavily in bball, certainly at least on par with the "major" conferences

Don't see why not -- those BE programs invest pretty heavily in bball, certainly at least on par with the "major" conferences

Depends on a lot of factors. TV revenue gap is huge, getting more huge. But the major conferences have to feed the open mouths of football caviar. I think we’re eventually headed to the two big conferences doing their own thing in postseason basketball too.

And risk losing that NCAAT money? No way.

No one wants to see some double conference tournament with 40-50 teams.

And risk losing that NCAAT money? No way.

No one wants to see some double conference tournament with 40-50 teams.
Greg Sankey probably does. He’s disgusted by teams not in his conference or I guess maybe the Big 10.

Depends on a lot of factors. TV revenue gap is huge, getting more huge. But the major conferences have to feed the open mouths of football caviar. I think we’re eventually headed to the two big conferences doing their own thing in postseason basketball too.
If they kill the NCAA tournament format they also kill the college basketball with it.

If they kill the NCAA tournament format they also kill the college basketball with it.

They are killing college athletics in general. I doubt they care. The administrators making the decisions will all retired by the 2nd or 3rd TV contract.

Uconn has 4 starters that are a combined 1-17 from the field….and they still lead an elite 8 team by 5 at the half.

Yep, people love the March Madness aspect of the tournament’s first week. Just fun watching the 10-11-12 & 13’s pull upsets.

Back