• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

I’m kinda bummed honestly. Didn’t mind this UNC team
giphy.gif

I enjoy the ACC pummeling everyone but I won’t be too heartbroken over a UNC loss.

Same goes for Duke and State tomorrow too. Just indifferent and wish it could be us. Rooting for Clemson though, absolutely.

I’m kinda bummed honestly. Didn’t mind this UNC team and was enjoying the ACC domination.

I know there are some Oats lovers here, but I don’t enjoy their NBA brand of basketball, despite the scoring. Plus the whole murder thing last year.
Ban?

Actually other than the don’t mind this UNC team part, I agree with the remainder of that post.

Last edited:
rf davis and love can't throw it in the ocean. we havre two random ga guards that can't miss on our home court.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

So this Carolina team will end up with neither an ACC Championship nor a Final Four, not even an Elite Eight. For this fanbase that's not acceptable.

Hubert is just good enough to be just not good enough.
#hottakealert

Tournament games/wins are overwhelmingly overvalued by fans. It’s understandable why given our consumption of the heavily marketed tournaments that were conditioned this way. Good coaches increase your opportunity to win in the postseason but there is nothing reliably predictive about a single elimination tournament for good or ill. Bad hires and fires are made each year based on this fallacy.

#hottakealert

Tournament games/wins are overwhelmingly overvalued by fans. It’s understandable why given our consumption of the heavily marketed tournaments that were conditioned this way. Good coaches increase your opportunity to win in the postseason but there is nothing reliably predictive about a single elimination tournament for good or ill. Bad hires and fires are made each year based on this fallacy.
this is not a hot take

it’s just a good understanding of math

Between AB and UNC I’d have preferred the latter to win since someone has to.

But #notears, not really able to pull for them.

I just need Carolina out so I can move on with my life
Sadly, this is me: every year I don't reallly relax and start enjoying the tournament until the Holes are out. Must be nice to be a fan of UNC and others where you can actually derive pleasure from your own team's success w/o having to rely on the failure of others.

Back