• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Needed MLB Rules Changes

I think coaches in other sports should have to dress in the team uniform like baseball coaches do. Imagine Van Gundy on the sidelines wearing shorts and a jersey.

So I'll be the first to admit I'm not a HUGE baseball fan but I enjoy going to minor league games. When I'm there, I'm having a good time so I don't really want the game to go faster. Am I alone in this?

Abandon sport. Profit.

In all seriousness I agree with Loki. I'm usually at Dash games to drink and have fun with friends. The game length isn't a problem there. Time is extremely problematic in terms of watching games on tv though.

So I'll be the first to admit I'm not a HUGE baseball fan but I enjoy going to minor league games. When I'm there, I'm having a good time so I don't really want the game to go faster. Am I alone in this?

Nope I feel the exact same way. Baseball has record attendance and had great ratings last fall.

Stop succumbing to the instant gratification and meme culture that other sports have whored themselves out to and stay baseball.

WGAF. If intentional walks only happen once every few games and don't have an impact, then why have people lost their damn minds over eliminating them?

The clear answer is to bring back bullpen carts.

MLB needs to eliminate the rule where you can't sell beer after the first pitch in the bottom of the 7th. I uber/metro from all these games, let me drink until the end.

Once you're in the batters box, stay there. Limit pitching mound visits and keep the clock between innings.

I don't think putting restrictions on how many batters a pitcher has to face is a good idea and I don't think the intentional walk thing matters at all.

Once you're in the batters box, stay there. Limit pitching mound visits and keep the clock between innings.

I don't think putting restrictions on how many batters a pitcher has to face is a good idea and I don't think the intentional walk thing matters at all.

There already is a rule about how many batters a pitcher has to face. It's one.

I think limiting mound visits are a good idea. Otherwise the problem with all sports is commercials. Get rid of those and we save tons of time.

I would like to see the "adjust the batting gloves" timeouts limited or better eliminated. You should step in the batters box with all your stuff ready to hit. If the batter wants to adjust gloves, he can do it in live time, while the pitcher is allowed to throw a pitch. Adjust if you want to.

The exceptions I would allow would be if the batter has to clear the batters box because of a catchers throw to other than the pitcher for a defensive play, a play at the plate (stealing home, passed ball, wild pitch etc.) or a serious batter knockdown by a pitch that doesn't quite hit him.

Back