• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Network Envy

ClemmonsDeac

Reaction score
I am starting to have some serious network envy. When is the ACC going to get its own network?

I enjoy a wide variety of sports. There have been several games featuring ACC teams on television. They are only on the Big Ten and Pac12 networks because we are competing against teams from those leagues. I am not going to invest in those packages just to see some early season non-rev matches, but I would invest in an ACC network with a wide variety of content from a range of sports.

It seems we are getting dusted in conference payouts and exposure because we can't get our act together and develop a network. What am I missing?

You have to time launching a new network when ESPN is redoing it's contracts with various carriers. I've heard the ACC is shooting for a 2017 launch.

It'll just talk about Carolina Duke FSU and Notre Dame all the time anyway.

Don't think it's going to happen, at least on the SEC Net level. Not enough land-grant schools and non-grad fans of most ACC schools when it comes to football, which drives the boat since no one really cares about regular-season basketball. May come along in some incarnation though given the ACC's (specious) argument about the number of households in its footprint

Yep, it's not like we'd get that much air time, at least not in a positive manner.

Do you realize how much airtime there is to fill on one of those networks? During Christmas the Longhorn Network ran hours of Bevo grazing in a field.

With a network most of our games would end up there instead of ESPN 3, you would get classic games, documentaries about Duncan, Arnold Palmer, Brian Piccollo, our '55 Baseball Title, and most likely our coaches shows would be revived because of the need to fill airtime.

Regular Season Basketball and Notre Dame would drive the carriage.

With a network most of our games would end up there instead of ESPN 3, you would get classic games, documentaries about Duncan, Arnold Palmer, Brian Piccollo, our '55 Baseball Title, and most likely our coaches shows would be revived because of the need to fill airtime.

Regular Season Basketball and Notre Dame would drive the carriage.

Oh good. More shit on TV that nobody's going to watch.

Thanks Ranger.

I will check out the GT thread.

I agree that a network gives you loads of time to fill with pro--conference, pro-school items. I have seen multiple volleyball and soccer matches listed on the BIG and Pac12 networks. I believe better coverage and accessibility could drive attendance for some of the non-revs up as well.

Honestly, just about every WF sporting event in all sports is on ESPN3. I know it's not the same as a regular network but pretty much everyone has that.

I really don't think it would be football/basketball stuff...

More likely it would be track, volleyball, lacrosse, softball, and other olympic sports that a few select people will want to watch anyway.

I really don't think it would be football/basketball stuff...

More likely it would be track, volleyball, lacrosse, softball, and other olympic sports that a few select people will want to watch anyway.

I've already watched a volleyball game and soccer game on ESPN3 this year, and watched most of our ACC baseball series last year.

Back