• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coach from East Region?

Wheredeac

Reaction score
I commented on an earlier thread that I had heard from a very credible source (who was correct about Clawson) that the coaching hire short list included but was not limited to Amaker, Lonergan, Wright, and Hoiberg.

East region NCAA teams:

George washington-Lonergan
Iowa State-Hoiberg
Villanova-Wright
Harvard-Amaker

Another mentioned coaching prospect in the East region:

Coastal Carolina-Cliff Ellis

Has Ron set-up a survival of the fittest "group" interview?

Another observation--

Louisville (controversial 4 seed) vs Manhattan (Steve Masiello). Ron looking at Masiello's talent against our soon to be conference foe?

Cliff is hanging out at the beach, playing some guitar and drinking some cold beer on the coast.

The last thing he wants, at 68, is to deal with the first-class asshole we have as an athletic director.

Cliff's not leaving the coast, at least until next week that is.

LOL Cliff Ellis. Not to mention he's had NCAA violations at the last three schools he's been at

Jesus can we seriously not agree that Hoiberg is NOT on the list?? He grew up in Ames and played at Iowa State. His nickname is The Mayor.

Wait... I thought the Mayor was a Wake grad from 99...

Or you're telling me, it's was Hoiberg's pictures in the portajohns this season at election time?

There are some really dumb people that post here. Cliff Ellis? Give me a break.

I did not include Cliff Ellis in my list. He was mentioned by many in another thread so it's interesting he's also in the east.

There is not a snowball's chance that we will hire the Mayor, Jay Wright or Tommy Amaker. If we even interviewed Cliff Ellis, Wellman should be fired.

I'm drinking a Bells Hopslam and watching walking dead reruns. Go search the threads yourself.

Cliff Ellis is mentioned once on the "Our Next BB Coach" thread

And it's this post:

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...e-et-al?p=1637248&highlight=ellis#post1637248

I think we should try the unusual strategy of a staff made completely of former Clemson head coaches (Barnes, Purnell, Shyatt, and Ellis). TO decide who is head coach, a pay-per-view MMA tournament amongst the four. We use the ppv money to buy out Buzz. Tourney winner is head coach. (Obviously it will be Barnes--I bet he wins on a couple of borderline illegal moves.)

Obviously a serious suggestion

Back