• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

It's been discussed ad nauseam and you're way off. He basically did nothing wrong at Tennessee and has recruited high level high school players for years as an assistant coach. The Forbes isn't fit for Wake argument is complete garbage.

It's definitely garbage. But that doesn't mean it isn't true with Hatch and BOT.

Considered? Try definition of. Wake forest under hatch is clearly not interested in winning. "The wake forest way" is code for "we'll show up and shake hands after we lose but that's about it."

Nailed it.

The loser mentality that permeates Wake athletics these days is disgusting.

It's been discussed ad nauseam and you're way off. He basically did nothing wrong at Tennessee and has recruited high level high school players for years as an assistant coach. The Forbes isn't fit for Wake argument is complete garbage.

Kind of what Turd said below...

We all want Forbes because we want to win, we know he’s probably a good dude who may “toe the line”,
Which you have to do to win at this level.

Hatch and BOT feel otherwise.

If Sportsnut is leaning Amaker, its worth listening to. That guy always has a hot take. Amaker would make sense, considering that Wake is considered "Ivy league south" or at least wants to be seen that way/commitment to high academic standards. Amaker did have like 5 regular season titles at Harvard as well.

Not saying I like the choice, but I could see the appeal considering Wake's environment.

Can someone provide some compromising photos of Hatch for leverage? I'm sure there is something out there with him dressed as a grandma getting pegged by a double dong or something. A guy that uptight about PC appearances has to have some skeletons in his closet.

Forbes is going to get hired somewhere else after next season and absolutely crush it.

Hopefully, at that point we'll also have someone coaching our team that has us moving in the right direction.

But I am sure that Forbes will get hired at a P6 school sooner than later and he'll be very successful.

"Fit" is bullshit.

This is who we are in 2020. We're not hiring a replacement for Skip Prosser or Dave Odom. We're hiring on the heals of a decade of futility. The idea that if we end up with a less than desirable outcome it is somehow all Currie's fault is ridiculous. It would be ultimately the fault of Wellman, Bz, and Manning.

Alright here’s on for everyone.

Would you prefer Amaker or Ryan Odom? Forbes

Amaker or Mark Prosser? Forbes

Mark Prosser for Ryan Odom? Forbes

Kelsey or Miller? Kelsey

Matta or Beilein? B-Line

Someone mentioned in an earlier post like 40 pages ago that Forbes doesn’t make sense for Wake.

While I wish that wasn’t true, I have to agree with it, even if it’s considered LOWF.

Forbes could succeed at a large state school but I’ll go on record that his name will be thrown around over the years for NCAA infractions. We can’t fire a guy who has heavily relied on JUCO guys when we aren’t allowed to accept JUCO guys. Again, I wish this wasn’t my rationale but he just isn’t a “WF guy”... I hope this post she’s poorly and we get Forbes, but it just doesn’t make a ton of sense.

Here's what the "Wake guy" is code for-an asshole who isn't able to put on the "good guy" face for people like Hatch, Wellman, the blue haired donors, etc. Dino was in the same category. They aren't guys who are going to play that game. Clawson is a master of it. He has just the right amount of asshole in his personality to make him a great coach on the field and just enough good guy to win over the powers that be.

One of our biggest basketball donors founded IMG sports, which broadcasts games and coaches shows, and we may hire a coach who doesn’t talk to the press or do coaches shows?

If we hire Amaker, it has Hatch written all over it. I have to believe that Currie knows that an Amaker hire is going to be really disappointing to a fan base that is already beaten down. If it can't be Matta, give us Miller or Amaker so we can have a little hope. This program needs ENERGY. Amaker doesn't bring anything to the table that will energize this fan base. No energy in the fan base = a LOT of empty seats in the Joel, at least until we start winning, which may be awhile at best.

This is who we are in 2020. We're not hiring a replacement for Skip Prosser or Dave Odom. We're hiring on the heals of a decade of futility. The idea that if we end up with a less than desirable outcome it is somehow all Currie's fault is ridiculous. It would be ultimately the fault of Wellman, Bz, and Manning.

Nope. Currie doesn't get a pass if he fucks this up. Wake is the only "big" job opening right now. It has never been easier to hire a coach.

His legacy at Wake is this hire. If he screws it up he should be fired because this and football are the only two hires that really matter.

Smokescreen?? From Greensboro source:

John Beilein was on the Wake Forest campus on Monday and he was seen standing six feet away from one of the main buildings…Beilein has a strong NCAA college basketball pedigree, and he just finished a short stint coaching the Cleveland Cavaliers, of the NBA….

But have been hearing from many of the media types, both from print and radio, that Beilein is not a candidate at all, for this Wake Forest men’s basketball job…

Very interesting…There might be a smokescreen being laid out…Most of the radio shows were saying he(Beilein) was not a candidate…This will get interesting…

Just in case anyone from the AD actually reads this crap...

I am a relatively young alum. Family had season tickets throughout my childhood. I have never given a dime to the deacon club or purchased season tix bc Bzz coincided with my time at Wake and I cannot support the product we have seen over the last decade.

If you hire Matta or Forbes I will be buying two lower bowl season tix for next year.
If you hire Miller or Kelsey I will purchase single game tix to the games I can attend with an eye to purchasing full season packages in the future.
If you hire anyone else, especially Amaker, you have lost me forever.

Do what you have to do but the last decade has created a situation that you absolutely cannot fuck up. Do your jobs and make the right decision or suffer the consequences.

John Beilein was on the Wake Forest campus on Monday and he was seen standing six feet away from one of the main buildings…Beilein has a strong NCAA college basketball pedigree, and he just finished a short stint coaching the Cleveland Cavaliers, of the NBA….

But have been hearing from many of the media types, both from print and radio, that Beilein is not a candidate at all, for this Wake Forest men’s basketball job…

Very interesting…There might be a smokescreen being laid out…Most of the radio shows were saying he(Beilein) was not a candidate…This will get interesting…

That guy made that up, it's already been discussed.

I saw that earlier and quit reading after the "6 feet" comment.

Back