• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

I like the idea of Forbes having an open slot to fill on his staff as he moves to a P5 conference

Not sure why you have such disdain, but you're clearly ignorant. Appreciate the overwhelming majority of Wake fans who know and believe different. I'm extremely lucky to have built up a great network of sources over the last six years. I've went out of my way today to thank them for the great info over the last week.
/Drops Mic

It was negotiated down to 7.5 mill and Wake will not budge.

Now it’s up to Manning to take it and walk away or take Wake to court.

If Manning hasn't agreed to 7.5 million, it doesn't really sound like it has been "negotiated down"....

Listen to that Goodman podcast, y'all. This guy sounds fucking incredible.

"One thing about coaching community college is that you really get a chance to improve the lives of your players. You really get a chance to effect their lives by, you know, helping them become a better player, become a better person, become a better student, and move on to a Division 1 institution. And I really enjoyed that part of it."

Lost in the shuffle is that Currie saved a lot of money on the new annual salary with Forbes. What are we guessing —1.5 mm ??

I think he'll be right around $2, but possibly less with a lot of pay bumps for performance. There's a lot of low hanging fruit we could incentive with considering where the program sits currently.

Don’t wanna bring back up any RJ dispute but Goodman saying this morning the Manning buyout is in fact 15 million and Wake is trying not to pay. Perhaps Goodman is slightly behind on a finalized settlement for buyout but seems pretty straightforward at this point that Wake does owe 8 figures to Danny per the contract (whether or not that amount gets paid remains to be seen).
The good news is we are fucking with Manning. Never thought I'd see that. Hope we never pay but we aren't just laying down,

If Manning hasn't agreed to 7.5 million, it doesn't really sound like it has been "negotiated down"....

Final offer on the table from Wake.

I thought he was going to take it, but apparently he’s going to play hardball.

He doesn’t think he deserved to be fired.

He doesn’t think he deserved to be fired.

My lord. I can't believe we just hired Steve Forbes after a decade of Jeff [Redacted] and Danny Manning. It feels like we're about to be good again pretty soon.

Apologize if I've caused hate mail to stream your way. It's a good day for Wake Forest. Enjoy it!
I'd still like to know why you, Les, got such contradictory information from what Coner got. I gather y'all both have different sources, but it's just odd that the sources were saying opposite things.

Of course, I don't expect you to be able to answer that. I just like a mystery. :)

now that we have a new coach let's get this multiquote thing fixed

Listen to that Goodman podcast, y'all. This guy sounds fucking incredible.

"One thing about coaching community college is that you really get a chance to improve the lives of your players. You really get a chance to effect their lives by, you know, helping them become a better player, become a better person, become a better student, and move on to a Division 1 institution. And I really enjoyed that part of it."
Sounds like Skip.

Back